Into the Swamp

User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 629
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by NeomerArcana » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:40 pm

Kull and Celaena, once you crest the hill, you see below a bison trapped up to it's midriff in mud. Down there at the edge of the swamp the water has pooled for a long time, and it's weight must have made the beast sink. It's massive strength hasn't helped it fight the mud, only helped it become tired and worn out. Clearly it will die if left here.
User avatar
Wikk Slyscale
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:39 pm
Race: Kobold
Class: 2nd Level Wizard

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Wikk Slyscale » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:01 pm

Wikk tenders Ludo a smirk and a nod, "The tales will tell of an illusionist greater than Felividiux the Obsidian Trickster. I will remember your promise, fellow."

Along the road, Wikk will spend each day first making certain his and his pony's needs are met by the assistance of his Unseen Servant - as well as his new company if able. When they arrive upon the scene of the animal's distress he would click his tongue against the roof of his mouth, "I'll come see, grant me your shoulder, Mister Kull. I'd prefer a higher vantage coming into something that may be a trap."

It would certainly help if he needs to escape and the massive fellow stands between he and a threat; though in short order he finds himself fondly enamored of these strange folks and their apparent altruism.
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 629
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:12 pm

Guys; time's dragging out here. What's the next steps?
User avatar
Celaena
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:20 pm
Race: Select
Class:

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Celaena » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:46 pm

Staying close the edge of the mud, Celaena moves to tie a rope around the bison. Once the rope is secured, she throws the other end to her wolf and begins pulling.

Strength check I assume?
1d20
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Kull » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:05 pm

Kull turns the rest of the group " If you dont have a better idea or are better suited for standing guard i want you to help pull this thing on land". He grabs the rope and trys to pull as strong as he can.
1d20+5
User avatar
Grigori Steelbrow
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:06 am
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:39 am

Abiding Kull's request for a lookout, Grigori moves to what he thinks is a decent spot and surveys the surroundings.

Perception(I think):
1d20-3
User avatar
Wikk Slyscale
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:39 pm
Race: Kobold
Class: 2nd Level Wizard

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Wikk Slyscale » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:15 pm

Wikk will note the task at hand and rather than clamber up on the half-orc's shoulders if Kull were willing he would step aside and watch, "I'll just be in the way if I get my hands on any length of that rope. I'll look about and see if there is any way this process might be expedited." With that he'll walk the perimeter of the animal's earthen prison and search for any easy points of egress or nearby flora to aid in their endeavor.

Search Check
1d20+5
User avatar
Arlette Craven
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Arlette Craven » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:18 am

Arlette, still on edge and desperate to just get out of this cursed swamp, will keep watch with Brown Dog and Burn, confident that if anyone can pull a beast from a bog it would be someone as strong as Kull. She pulls her crossbow close, her finger a little closer to the trigger than she would ordinarily have it, her nerves are frayed as the adrenaline from the encounter with the dragon is being overtaken by fear and fatigue.

Listen check
1d20+6

Spot check
1d20+5

DM please ignore any irrelevant rolls.
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 629
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:32 am

None of you notice anything out the ordinary when keeping an eye out. Wikk you don't find anything noteworthy that might help extricate the animal.

Kull your hands aren't able to grip the rope hard enough. I'll assume a take 20, as in you try as hard as you can, but it's still not enough. The beast moves into the mud, it's close to being able to get out. It will require a few of you to pull.

I'll assume that enough of you help to get the beast out. It's now simply standing there, next to Kull. Celeana your knowledge of animals tells you that this was likely a somewhat domestic animal before it got stuck here, though it looks like it hasn't been cared for in a while. Likely it got out of it's farm, or was intentionally left around here. The beast could probably survive on it's own, eating grass etc, but it would have died here had you all not come along when you did.

I'll give you guys the option to take this Bison with you. It's a very large beast, it moves slowly, but it's very strong.
User avatar
Wikk Slyscale
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:39 pm
Race: Kobold
Class: 2nd Level Wizard

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Wikk Slyscale » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:21 pm

Wikk will pass over it. His current domestic beast requires enough food and labor to maintain as is. He'll return to his wagon and make certain they are prepared to be underway as soon as a decision is reached.

He'll be as accommodating as the group elects to be for the beast, whether or not it will bear a burden.
Post Reply