On the Trail to Southport

User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by NeomerArcana » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:36 am

Okay, I'll assume everyone will take turns at watch. Everyone please give me Listen and Spot checks.

While here on the outskirts of town, is there anything anyone else wants to do? Last chance before we move onto Southport. On the way to Southport you'll also pass by Sunnydale, but we won't stop there unless anyone has anything they want to do there.
User avatar
Kai Sylgeiros
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:37 am
Race: Human
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:38 am

Listen check
1d20+1
Spot check
1d20+1

(DM is this a shot or long rest and how much will we heal?)
User avatar
Grigori Steelbrow
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:06 am
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:44 am

Listen:
1d20-3

Spot:
1d20-3
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by NeomerArcana » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:09 am

This is a normal overnight rest, so those of you who get 8 hours uninterrupted will gain 2hp. Because everyone is taking a watch, no one will heal.

Do you guys want to prioritise so that some of you get a full nights rest?
User avatar
Ludo Fritzwick
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:59 pm
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:31 am

Listen
1d20+2

Spot
1d20-3

Ludo is happy to cover someone elses watch too, since he doesnt need as much rest, after not getting injured in the previous conflict, so whoever has the lowest HP, he'll take over for. (also, what are your rules for spells per day? Just I know its fairly common to have inhouse rules regarding that, and so whether Ludo recovers the spell slots he's used up)

In terms of Sunnydale, Ludo would love to get his hands on a bottle of common rum, or whiskey. Just a bottle of something reasonably cheap to keep in his bag. If there is also a chance for him to perform as the group walks through the town, and whether he gets any tips from passerbys?

Perform: String
1d20+9

As he performs, anyone who approaches him, he'd like to try and gather information on the surrounding areas going ons.
Gather Information
1d20+3
User avatar
Kai Sylgeiros
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:37 am
Race: Human
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:42 pm

Kai will take the full rest letting ludo take his shift. "I appreciate this ludo. im a little banged up currently. I will cover the bottle of liquor as we pass throught the next town."
User avatar
Arlette Craven
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Arlette Craven » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:20 pm

Arlette takes the opportunity to assess her gear, rest, keep a watchful eye on the new companions, and play with Brown Dog and Bern. Arlette will do as Ludo does and take on an extra watch or two for Kull, she had never seen him take so much damage before and was concerned for her friend, the only one to remain from the start of their journey.

Spot check
1d20+5

Listen check
1d20+6
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Kull » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:30 am

spot check 1d20+1
listen check 1d20+1
User avatar
Kai Sylgeiros
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:37 am
Race: Human
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:33 am

While setting up his tent kai asks the party, "we havent really slowed down since i met you all, and i didnt really get to meet fenner but i would like to offer my sympathies. How did you all meet?"
User avatar
Arlette Craven
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Arlette Craven » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:34 pm

Arlette looks to Kai, a little uneasy, trying her best to hide it fearing someone will pry more into her history, and jumps to answer, "Kull and I started together on what we thought was a simple escorting journey with a couple of others only to discover it was the beginning of this terrible mess with the cult. Since then we've lost people, like Fenner, who we were only just getting to know..." her voice trails off, she looks to Bern, she liked Fenner and his penchant for getting side tracked in his stories, "and here we are." She motions her arm around the group, "thankfully you're here, we're stronger together..." and I hope you survive she thinks to herself.
Locked