A loud knock at the door

The first of many adventures to come
Locked
User avatar
Arlette Craven
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: A loud knock at the door

Post by Arlette Craven » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:51 am

Arlette approaches the door, searches for traps and anything else that may stick out as unusual, she also listens against the door to hear what's happening on the other side, and then attempts to open the lock, "We could be waiting here for ages, I'm going in"

Search check
1d20+6

Spot check
1d20+5

Listen check
1d20+6

Open lock
1d20+6

DM please correct any of the checks I've done if I've used the wrong check for my intent.
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: A loud knock at the door

Post by NeomerArcana » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:34 pm

Arlette runs her fingers along the edges of the doorframe, searching for traps. She finds none and so listens with her ear against it. The solid wood prevents any sounds from coming through. Lastly, she deftly, and quite quickly, picks the simple lock. She opens the door and swings it open.

In front of the group is the rectory, though it could be considered to be more of a monastery due to the number of priests that live here, as evident by the number priests moving about and the number of doorways in the hall. One of the passing priests looks quizically at the group.

"Are you lost?" he asks.

When you indicate that you're looking for Father Klavin the priests nods. "You'll find Father Klavin outside in the eastern garden," he says as he walks away, motioning vaguely in the direction to travel. You eventually find your way to the eastern garden and find an old priest sitting alone in the garden. He is very old, ancient even. He sees the group and beckons you to him.

"Ah, you must be lost," he says. "Where are you going, children?"

Arlette
8/8 HP
624gp 158sp 24cp + 2x Gemstone Necklaces (~700gp each)
3 rations
18 bolts
Kull
13/13 HP
715gp 9sp
5 rations
Grigori
24/26 HP
305gp
2 rations
Fenner
4/4 HP
314gp 6sp
1 rations
Light (0) - 1
Prestidigitation (0) - 1
Ray of Frost (0) - 0/1
Feather Fall (1) - 1
Mage Armor (1) - 0/1
Magic Missile (1) - 0/1
User avatar
Hilda Hearthstone
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:48 pm
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Cleric

Re: A loud knock at the door

Post by Hilda Hearthstone » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:58 pm

"Are you Father Klavin?" Hilda will ask.

If he is, she will immediately tell him what's happened so far, starting with the most recent events. She will motion to the others to keep an eye out and look around the garden, Hilda wants to be sure that they are alone and the conversation is private while she tells Father Klavin everything.

If this isn't Klavin, Hilda will ask where he can be found.
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: A loud knock at the door

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:30 am

Father Klavin listens intently as Hilda recounts the events that have occurred to lead up to this meeting. At times he seems almost to be asleep.

When Hilda is finished, Father Klavin pauses for a few minutes and then nods. Yes, that makes sense he seems to say. He looks to Hilda.

"This cult has been active for some years. My arm of the church, though a small arm, is the sword against cults such as these. Though, I admit the arm that wields it has become old and frail, and the sword-edge has become dull after many years of no use..."

He sighs heavily now.

"We're not much left, now. Only a few of us. In times past we commanded a loyal cadre of warrior priests and the faithful; from all around the world they would come to booster our ranks. Wild-men from the The End would come to serve the Sun God of the south, ferocious in battle. Elves from the west would come, even stranger people from across the sea. All to serve as warriors for the Sun God, destined to destroy cults such as the one you mention."

"But I guess we did too good of a job. There were none left, or they were driven so far into the shadows not even His eternal light could penetrate far enough. But now they are coming back. We will need to sharpen the sword."

"I believe you have been sent here by Pelor and the other gods. Will you help the church?"

Arlette
8/8 HP
624gp 158sp 24cp + 2x Gemstone Necklaces (~700gp each)
3 rations
18 bolts
Kull
13/13 HP
715gp 9sp
5 rations
Grigori
24/26 HP
305gp
2 rations
Fenner
4/4 HP
314gp 6sp
1 rations
Light (0) - 1
Prestidigitation (0) - 1
Ray of Frost (0) - 0/1
Feather Fall (1) - 1
Mage Armor (1) - 0/1
Magic Missile (1) - 0/1
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: A loud knock at the door

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:48 am

I'm going to assume you guys agree. There's no additional funds to try and coax out of the church (you guys have got enough cash for now anyway), so let's go so far as to say that Hilda and Hragg had small visions from their respective gods demanding that they assist the Church of Pelor. We will say that this is enough to convince the rest of you.

Father Klavin says that he knows that the cult meets outside of town, less than half a days travel. But he doesn't know where, and he's too old to go looking himself. He isn't aware of who may be members, but when you mention Arnen he nods sagely, but says no more about the merchant.

You will now need to try and find a way to locate the meeting place of the cult, and then make a decision on what to do.

Father Klavin says that you should return to him in a days time. He will consult with Pelor and some other priests in Rivendale to see if they can learn more about what this cult of Hextor is up to.

Arlette
8/8 HP
624gp 158sp 24cp + 2x Gemstone Necklaces (~700gp each)
3 rations
18 bolts
Kull
13/13 HP
715gp 9sp
5 rations
Grigori
24/26 HP
305gp
2 rations
Fenner
4/4 HP
314gp 6sp
1 rations
Light (0) - 1
Prestidigitation (0) - 1
Ray of Frost (0) - 0/1
Feather Fall (1) - 1
Mage Armor (1) - 0/1
Magic Missile (1) - 0/1
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: A loud knock at the door

Post by Kull » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:49 am

Kull listens to the priest and the story of the former glory of the fighters of the sun god. while he knew almost nothing about the god or what he stands for , he was intrigued and impressed that so many differnt people would unite for a cause and fight angainst the evil. this was accompanied by a light shiver as he remberd what he used to do in the past and that those people wouldnt have been to gentle with him. maybe his ways changed for the better. he turned to father klavin and said: we will try to locate where they are holding their meetings. do you know by any chance anything special about those cult aktions ?
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: A loud knock at the door

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:46 am

"I know only that they are seeking to commit evil. Perhaps to bring evil into this world. It is a dangerous game to learn too much of the way of Hextor. Though understanding our enemies is important, one must be careful. To star into evil like that is to have evil stare into you."

Arlette
8/8 HP
624gp 158sp 24cp + 2x Gemstone Necklaces (~700gp each)
3 rations
18 bolts
Kull
13/13 HP
715gp 9sp
5 rations
Grigori
24/26 HP
305gp
2 rations
Fenner
4/4 HP
314gp 6sp
1 rations
Light (0) - 1
Prestidigitation (0) - 1
Ray of Frost (0) - 0/1
Feather Fall (1) - 1
Mage Armor (1) - 0/1
Magic Missile (1) - 0/1
User avatar
Arlette Craven
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: A loud knock at the door

Post by Arlette Craven » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:17 pm

Arlette will take Fera and talk to others to find out any information about where this cult may be meeting. She directs Kull and Elec to do the same and to look for any tracks that may give away the cult.

She looks to Hilda and Hragg, "maybe you two can pray for us"

Gather information check
1d20+6
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: A loud knock at the door

Post by Kull » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:55 pm

Kull nods and then walks of in hope to locate something about the cults meeting point. He rather akwardly asks people for suspicios activitis
gather information check 1d20-3
he also searches a bit outside of the town for any small trails leading of the main road
survival check (is this the right one ?) 1d20+1 (also gonna include a search check ) search check 1d20-2
Locked