On the trail to Threerun

The first of many adventures to come
Locked
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

On the trail to Threerun

Post by NeomerArcana » Thu May 02, 2019 4:59 pm

The wagon makes it's way out of Avim on the southward road, following the river. The morning is crisp and clear, there is no fog or mist and it looks to be a warm day. After about three or four hours, nearing lunch-time, the party hears the sounds of combat to the east of the road, away from the water. It sounds like it is coming from just over the otherside of the hill. It sounds like a small conflict, with just a handful of participants.
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: On the trail to Threerun

Post by Kull » Thu May 02, 2019 6:59 pm

Kull looks over to the others. And then says: wait here ill look whats going on. (If his armor gives him a stealth disadvantage he will take it off. He then trys to cross the river with his axe (swim check 1d20\u002B7 and then proceeds to sneak closer to get a better view (not sure which check is needed im simply rolling with dex modifyer 1d20+2
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: On the trail to Threerun

Post by NeomerArcana » Thu May 02, 2019 7:14 pm

Kull sorry, I wasn't clear. The battle is away from the river, you don't need to cross it.

You reach the top of the hill, crouched low. You see below you a single, vaguely humanoid shape made of dirt and rocks battling little orange humanoids. The small humanoids are dressed in leather armor and are brandishing wooden clubs and shields. They are beastly looking, almost a little like an orc, but you can tell they're not.
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: On the trail to Threerun

Post by Kull » Thu May 02, 2019 8:04 pm

Kull has seen a lot of creatures which are similar to orcs in one way or another. He thinks he has seen them before in orcis settelments. He stands up tall and shouts in orcis at the things he assumes are gooblins to stop fighting and to surrender their weapons. He also trys to act intimidating as possible (intimidation roll 1d20+1
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: On the trail to Threerun

Post by NeomerArcana » Thu May 02, 2019 8:27 pm

Only one of the five goblins notices you, the others are too busy battling the pile of dirt and rocks, trying to dodge it's blows. The one that notices appears afraid and runs away, down the gully to the north.
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: On the trail to Threerun

Post by Kull » Thu May 02, 2019 9:29 pm

Kull considering his options to just walk away. But then he rembers his friends he left behind unable to forget their insults and dissapointed looks. He sighs and charges the moving stones and shouts out a warcry to honor his god and to safe his lowly relatives
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: On the trail to Threerun

Post by Kull » Thu May 02, 2019 9:31 pm

My intzative roll 1d20+1
Also my attack roll im not sure what i have to add to hit mod as well as dmg
User avatar
Hragg
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:40 pm
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric of Clangeddin

Re: On the trail to Threerun

Post by Hragg » Fri May 03, 2019 12:24 am

Hragg had been brooding all day about the symbols of Hextor in the coffins. It did not bode well.

When the battle sounds are heard, the dwarf's first instinct is to check for ambushes. With Kull rushing off, he was loath to leave the wagon lightly defended, so he instead stays with the wagon adjusting shield and axe for battle.

"Kull! what news?!" Hragg yells to the half-orc.

Hragg's eyes dart back and forth in search of approaching danger. He stays close to the wagon in case he need cover from missile fire.
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: On the trail to Threerun

Post by Kull » Fri May 03, 2019 2:41 am

Kull hears hraggs voice just before he charged in to help the goblins against the to him unkown enemy. He realises that the othere will have no understanding of his relation to other orclike beings and only is acceptet because of his strength and half blood. he grudingly run bakc up the hill and tell in a half loud voice: there is a moving pile of stone fighting someone .
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: On the trail to Threerun

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri May 03, 2019 7:23 am

None of the combatants, save the one that ran away, have noticed Kull. The battle is still ongoing, with neither the rocks, nor the goblins getting the upper hand.
Locked