Into the Swamp

User avatar
Kull
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Kull » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:38 pm

Kull nods " Yes Ludo and i struck a deal with a captain. For our bandits here it will be chance for a new start and for the orphans a option to to see the world. But i guess we still need to find a few men to make him happy." He sighs " I wish we could have gotten more informations about those cultists. Wikk do you have any idea when this dragon might leave and if there is a chance for us to recover anything of use for us ?2
User avatar
Wikk Slyscale
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:39 pm
Race: Kobold
Class: 2nd Level Wizard

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Wikk Slyscale » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:53 am

"Not of this world, you say, Arlette? A story for another time." He nods over at Kull, "It is likely the elder has already departed the swamp if that is not where his hoard lies. If it is where his hoard lies, he'll likely be out of easy reach so it is unlikely we'll cross paths again." He folds his arms over his chest and takes a deep breath, "If it is all the same, I would like to be on the road before long. For while we're here I'll look into any rumors or any signs of dragonkind."

If he isn't otherwise kept, he'll keep his hood down and begin asking around for any pertinent leads.
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:11 pm

The brothers listen to your ideas about Mother Sceris but they seem to be of two minds about it. Some agree, and think it makes sense, she didn't leave the orphanage last night, yet she can't be found; she had a certain "aura" about her that make them think she was divine. But more than a few of the brothers think that this is all wishful thinking and that she wouldn't leave the orphanage behind; they insist that something sinister has happened.

I'll assume that Kull and Ludo take the bandits and the interested lads down to the captain. He seems relieved that you've brought him the remainder of a crew, he hasn't been idle and has employed some few men on bis own. It seems now that the feeling of dread and has been lifted from the town, a few men were quickly rushing up tp him eager to get out while they can.

As promised, he provides Ludo and Kull with one of the promised dwarven weapons. Warning you to be very careful.

Before you know it, he's set sail. One of the bandits and a few of the boys give you hearty waves before being ordered about the deck.

Back at the orphanage, none of the brothers are any closer to deciding what to do about their old sisters disappearance. They turn to your group to decide. "Surely if she left williningly, or was taken, there would be some kind of tracks to tell you?"
User avatar
Wikk Slyscale
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:39 pm
Race: Kobold
Class: 2nd Level Wizard

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Wikk Slyscale » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:10 pm

It would be a rather short affair of inquiry as he realizes these small town folk have likely not left this town since their birth. He'll plod on over to the orphanage and offer, "If she is of divine origin, it would be sensible to assume she could return to her own plane by magical means, no?" He hums softly and adds, "I would think that if there is no evidence to suggest she was taken against her will, it would be wisest not to dwell."
User avatar
Celaena
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:20 pm
Race: Select
Class:

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Celaena » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:07 pm

Celaens perks up at the mention of tracks "If there's tracks, I can try looking for it?"
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Kull » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:45 pm

"Hmm we could ask around, she is probably quite known in town. So if she went willingly someone might have seen her. Or maybe little Wikk is right. She could have done some magic stuff do disapere. we could ask a priest to help us with something like that. Maybe the smartest thing is that Ludo and arlette ask around and i go with Celaena and Wikk to keep them safe." He shrugs "thats would be what comes to my mind. What do you guys say ?"
User avatar
Grigori Steelbrow
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:06 am
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:09 am

"Kull has a fair idea, I would go with Arlette and Ludo so they can be protected given recent circumstance. We may not be in that blighted swamp but I'm sure we've managed to kick a hornets nest or two with the cult, so we should still exercise caution."
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:27 pm

Okay; Arlette and Ludo will proceed to ask around town with Grigori in tow. Ludo and Arlette, one of you please roll a Gather Information check, and I'll add +4 for the assistance of the other + Grigori helping.

Celaena, Wikk, and Kull will look for clues/tracks around the orphanage and the walls/nearby area to try and find any sign of the Mother. Can the three of you please roll a Survival check.
User avatar
Arlette Craven
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Arlette Craven » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:52 am

Arlette, keen to find hints as to the divine and hopefully benevolent nature of the Mother heads out in earnest. She is also happy to part with coin in a sly manner for the right person if it appears they know more than they let on.

Gather information check
1d20+7



DM is there a thieves guild here that Arlette could also speak to?
User avatar
Celaena
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:20 pm
Race: Select
Class:

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Celaena » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:58 pm

Survival check:
1d20+9
Post Reply