Into the Swamp

User avatar
Kull
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Kull » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:29 pm

Kull carfully hugs Arlette trying not to squish her. "I guess we got lucky. Lets just hope the dragon is not worse than the cultists. And if a dragon of this size will be easier to find than a cult." Kull offers Grigori a fist bump and simply pats Ludo and Wikk on the heads. "You guys did well today. I guess we can be happy that no one of us got heavily injured."
He turns to Wikk and sits down to be somewhat of the same height as Wikk. " Look i dont really care if you are some sort of dragon, you were more than capable of pulling your own weight. Maybe not by being a good fighter or having a silver tounge like Ludo. But you remind me of a man who was in our group. He was named Fenner and just like you a smart guy knowing magic stuff. And if anyone trys to harm you for being different like us i will take care of it."

Kull stands up again patting dust and dirt of his clothes. He then walks to Celaena and offers her a handshake. " So as i said i have questions.
Why did you come into his fight and help us ? If i were an outsider i would have moved on and not jumped into a possible bandit attack or the likes. Also who are you ? I know nothing about you , for all you could be the kings wife. Sorry for asking those questions but you cant be carefull enough these days. If you like you can come with us for now, ill even give you a round of ale for the help."
User avatar
Wikk Slyscale
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:39 pm
Race: Kobold
Class: 2nd Level Wizard

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Wikk Slyscale » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:48 am

Wikk's skepticism heightens as he listens to Arlette recount the dangers they have encountered. Yet, these things serve as a reminder that a great many arcane secrets were likely buried alongside the monsters they have faced. Moreover, not just once but twice these adventurers have already taken to calling him Friend. It's as strange as a prismatic dragon with nonfunctional wings. He tucks his arms into his sleeves and dismisses Grigori's apologetic gesture; looking to Kull as he crouches down beside him. He listens and hums softly in the half orc's wake.

"I have two conditions in traveling with you that should satisfy whether or not our paths are convergent," he looks up to the sky, a longing in his eyes, "I will someday fly. My blood is that of the dragon and I will ascend into it. That is my first priority and if that becomes contrary to yours we will part ways. Second, that I am kept safe from those who would hunt my kind. Mine is the blood of dragons and inherently that poses a great risk to those who would travel alongside me. There are many that would harvest each part of my body for the sake of magical experimentation and many more who would deny me my dream of ascension. As long as those two needs are met, I will aid you all however I can. You have my word that when I am wholly grown you will have a staunch ally in me if our accord is kept."

With all that said, he would climb back up into his wagon and turn it about, "Climb aboard and be mindful of my belongings in the back. There is fresh water in the barrels if you thirst after such a fight."
User avatar
Celaena
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:20 pm
Race: Select
Class:

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Celaena » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:04 pm

Celaena shakes Kull's hand and answers his questions while she mentally weights the pros and cons of going with these people. "I was sent here to investigate the taint. That group seemed suspicious so I was keeping an eye on them, when arrows started flying and figured it was a good time as any to take them out". After a bit of thinking, she sighs and nods to Arlette "You're right, no point staying here"
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:57 am

Wikk leads you all out of the swamp onto the western edge, somewhat south of where the road first led you into Southport.
currentLocation.png
The fact that you've left town, when the rumors were that you can't (Kull and Ludo you might remember having overheard those guys talking around the docks), isn't lost on any of you. In any case, you can head back to the road to get into Southport (or go elsewhere, up to you guys); but in either case, you'll need a survival check to avoid getting lost etc.

(I'd suggest Celaena would be best suited to leading you guys across country back to the road)

First person to read this post, please roll 2 1d100 checks. If someone else has already rolled them, please don't roll.
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Kull » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:25 pm

( 2 d100 rolls comming right up )
(sry did one 200 dice i guess 2d100
first 1d100
second 1d100
User avatar
Ludo Fritzwick
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:59 pm
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:34 am

Ludo smiles at seeing everyone making it out of the situation relatively unscathed. Everything that had happened was of epic proportions, and now that they were safe, the fear of the dragon subsiding in Ludo, he thinks of how incredible his tales of this encounter will be. And as Arlette so beautifully said, the things they had seen, well, Ludo may not have seen them, but he was sure that they'd see more. This group certainly had a knack for that.

Ludo especially smiles at Wikk, "Your own quest is admirable! And, perhaps I speak for just me, but I would love to help see that come to fruition. Could you imagine the songs? The tales? Of helping you to find your wings and take flight? I mean, I want to help you see that for yourself too, but, I won't lie, I want to tell the tales of it too! How many people get to witness such a spectacle?! Don't you worry, I personally will make sure not one person lays a hand on you for experimentation." Ludo attempts to stand as tall and strong as possible to try and give the impression of bravado, but being stood around people much more capable than himself, the impact is somewhat lost.

And his attention turns to the latest member of the group, "And the more the merrier. Considering how easily you find your way to use there, perhaps you may be best helping us get away from wherever we are. I won't lie, I'm a bit lost here. Oh! And I never introduced myself, I am Ludo Fritzwick, wandering bard. Perhaps you've heard my tales or music on your travels?"
User avatar
Celaena
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:20 pm
Race: Select
Class:

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Celaena » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:29 pm

"Yeah. I can probably remember the way out of here. Celaena, by the way, and this one is Silver" She pets the top of her wolf's head "I'm sorry to say I don't think I've heard of your tales" Celaens frowns as she tried to recall if she's heard of him

Survival check for when we continue moving
1d20+9
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:03 pm

(Sorry for the delay)

Celaena confidently leads the group back toward Southport, there's a journey of about 2 or 3 hours.

Along the way; while walking along the side of a hill, an odd sort of belowing sound can be heard emenating from the opposite side. It sounds pained and weak.

Celeana, you've enough experience to hear that it's an animal in distress.
User avatar
Celaena
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:20 pm
Race: Select
Class:

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Celaena » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:52 pm

"You hear that? Someone needs help!" Celaena takes off sprinting toward the sound, her wolf hot on her heels.
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Kull » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:47 am

Kull sighs" I guess this place is really cursed, you cant even get some rest" He runs after Celaena with the intention to aid her as she did in the previous fight. As he is taller and heavier he is more hindered by the underbrush and will take more time than others.
Post Reply