On the Trail to Southport

User avatar
Grigori Steelbrow
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:06 am
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:02 pm

Unsure of whether Ludo has finished or not Grigori asks in a low tone, "Ludo, have you finished your little knockout tune? If so, get ready to advance."
User avatar
Arlette Craven
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Arlette Craven » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:48 am

As Arlette was away from the group when they spoke of Ludo's magic she didn't know to block her ears. This is her will save for the lullaby - if she passes she will help Kull smash the wall.

Will save
1d20+3

DM Am I right that she failed, needing to beat 12?
User avatar
Arlette Craven
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Arlette Craven » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:53 am

Arlette yawns, suddenly feeling quite tired. "You know, Kull, we've been running around non-stop saving everyone, wouldn't it be nice if we could, you know, have a little rest?" She leans on the ram, her body feeling a bit heavier than moments before, "I'm sure the others would be fine, they're strong, we could just have a little nap?" She yawns again, resting her face on her fist, looking up at Kull struggling to keep her eyes open.
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by NeomerArcana » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:11 am

Arlette, yes you failed your save. So you've got a penalty to Spot and Listen checks. Hahah, yes, you are also feeling pretty tired.
User avatar
Ludo Fritzwick
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:59 pm
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:46 am

As Ludo keeps the lullaby going for a bit longer, holding the notes, he nods at Grigori, "That won't hold them down for too long. We need to act quickly. Hopefully Kull and Arlette are ready to smash their way in too." From here, he braces himself to support Grigori and Kai with the next steps.
User avatar
Grigori Steelbrow
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:06 am
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:00 pm

With Ludo's confirmation Grigori takes his right hand off his shield and readies his axe.
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Kull » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:06 am

Kull stops for a second then puts down the ram and signals her to take cover as he wont be able to hols his ground against the bandits if he has to protect Arlette as well. He then grabs the ram and swings it with a loud shout against the wall.
Strength check (1d20+7)
User avatar
Kai Sylgeiros
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:37 am
Race: Human
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:27 am

Keeping his shield up kai draws his sword ready to rush in when the wall comes down.
User avatar
Arlette Craven
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Arlette Craven » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:53 am

Arlette stands to the side of the wall, her crossbow ready to shoot at anyone alive once the wall comes down.

To hit
1d20+4

Damage
1d8+1
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:13 am

Stone and mortar flies through the air shortly after the ram makes contact with the wall. As the dust cloud settles one of the bandits can be seen lying dead on the ground. Another one turns to face the new threat as Arlette quickly sends a bolt into him, he staggers backwards, clutching at the bolt, but still standing.

On hearing the crashing sound, Kai rushes forward.

The tower still stands, despite the large hole in the wall, but there's no telling how much longer it will stay up.

(let's keep it moving, post coordinates you're moving to and who you're attacking etc)
Attachments
towerbandits-2.png
Locked