On the Trail to Southport

User avatar
Ludo Fritzwick
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:59 pm
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:11 pm

((Apologies, meant to announce I was disappearing for a couple days, but yes, Ludo's next plan of action is going to be to play and use the spell lullaby, followed by the spell sleep the following round, so I'll wait till others decide their plans and then I'll post that action))
User avatar
Arlette Craven
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Arlette Craven » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:35 pm

Upon reaching their position Arlette looks through the hole to assess the situation and let Kull know what to expect on the other side.

She turns to Kull "Climb or smash?" she asks quietly, her crossbow in hand with a bolt loaded ready to cover him as best she can.
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Kull » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:21 am

Kull grabs the ram with a grin and responds: Smash. Lend me a hand and im sure we will break that wall down in no time.
He grabs the ram and takes a step backwards before ramming it with all the force he can muster against the weakend part of the wall.
(strength check without ram bonus)1d20+5
(a ram gives a +2 for the strengh check) (if Arlette helps he gets a +2 on the strength check at least i read it that way feel free to correct)
User avatar
Arlette Craven
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Arlette Craven » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:09 am

DM what roll do I need to do to help Kull?
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:49 am

Kull gets a +2 because he's using a ram. Arlette if you help him, he gets an additional +2, you don't need to roll to help.

Guys, Kull and Arlette are about to smash open the wall. I assume this will be after Ludo plays his song. Girgory and Kai, for now, I'll assume that as soon as Ludo is done, you guys will rush in while Kull smashes down the wall?

Arlette
8/8 HP
624gp 158sp 24cp + 2x Gemstone Necklaces (~700gp each)
3 rations
18 bolts
Kull
13/13 HP
715gp 9sp
5 rations
Grigori
24/26 HP
305gp
2 rations
Fenner
4/4 HP
314gp 6sp
1 rations
Light (0) - 1, Prestidigitation (0) - 1, Ray of Frost (0) - 1
Feather Fall (1) - 1, Mage Armor (1) - 1, Magic Missile (1) - 1
Kai Sylgeiros
18/18 HP
100gp
2 rations
40 Arrows
Ludo Fritzwick
12/12HP
144gp 9sp
7 rations
50 Bolts
Dancing Lights (0), Ghost Sound (0), Lullaby (0), Prestidigitation (0), Summon Instrument (0)
Charm Person (1), Sleep (1)
User avatar
Grigori Steelbrow
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:06 am
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:20 am

DM that's what I was thinking about doing.
User avatar
Ludo Fritzwick
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:59 pm
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:47 am

As they move up the wall, Ludo keeps his head down and cradles over the fiddle, keeping it out of harms way - he'd rather take the arrow to himself than damage the fiddle. Despite feeling like a long time as the arrows reign down, in only a matter of moments the small group are up against the wall and it's Ludo's time to shine.

He draws his fiddle and begins to play a soft tune, as he does so, he concentrates and allows the magic to flow through the notes.
He casts Lullaby
(TARGET: Living creatures within a 10-ft.-radius burst; EFFECT: Makes subject drowsy; -5 on Spot and Listen checks, -2 on Will saves against sleep. [SR:Yes; DC:12, Will negates]

As he continues to play, Ludo begins to move into a decresendo moment in the piece, he allows different magic to slow through the notes, and Ludo begins to cast Sleep
(TARGET: One or more living creatures within a 10-ft.-radius burst; EFFECT: Puts 4 HD of creatures into magical slumber. [SR:Yes; DC:13, Will negates])

HD = d6
4d6
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by NeomerArcana » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:32 pm

Ludo, you don't need to roll Hit Dice, the spell works by just targetting up to 4 HD (targetting lowest level dice first, then closest). Because you're not taking damage I would say that there's no need for a Concentration Check to cast the spells. The DC for Lullaby is 12, the DC for Sleep is 13.

13 Will Saves against Lullaby.
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by NeomerArcana » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:34 pm

It's easy to see that most of the bandits begin to stagger and rub their eyes.

After you move onto casting sleep, the closest 4 bandits try to stay awake.
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by NeomerArcana » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:42 pm

Three of the bandits immediately fall asleep. Most of the remainder are sleepy and are having trouble staying awake, at least for a few moments.

Order of battle is now whoever posts first, followed by the sleepy bandits.
Attachments
towerbandits1.png
Post Reply