The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

The first of many adventures to come
User avatar
Hragg
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:40 pm
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric of Clangeddin

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Hragg » Fri May 31, 2019 12:54 am

"He's lying about something. Stand down, sir!" Hragg casts shield of faith on himself (+2 to AC).
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Kull » Fri May 31, 2019 6:26 am

Kull picks up his axe and shouts in a hopefully threatening voice at the man: lie down ! now ! or i will cut you down like a dog. intimidation roll1d20+1
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:48 am

There's a sudden series of crashes as each of the windows break. You turn to look and see warriors of every race already entering. The door behind the merchant crashes open as more come in. You estimate that there is at least 20, far too many for you to fight and survive.

"Release the bodies!" the man yells. "We don't want to kill you for them, we don't need the town guard after us. But you will return my property!"
User avatar
Arlette Craven
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Arlette Craven » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:00 am

Arlette turns to her companions, "I don't know that we have a choice, I think we should hand them over, we weren't tasked to protect them to our deaths." She pauses on Hragg, knowing he is the one who may not want to hand over the bodies to these people, "we can find another way" she says gently, assuming he will want to find out what is going on here.
User avatar
Hragg
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:40 pm
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric of Clangeddin

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Hragg » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:50 am

Hragg trembles in rage and frustration. How can this man claim to own these people? The dwarf is fairly certain he could cut the tall man down, but to what end? The group would be slaughtered and the slumberers taken in any event.

He mutters a prayer of forgiveness to Clangeddin, for the slumberers' well-being and also to apologize for this breech of conduct. Clangeddin's clergy were taught that surrender was only an option of last resort. He slides his axe in its loop on his belt.

"Take them, then." He says.
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:54 am

"I am hlad we could come to an agreement. Please understand, I want only what I've paid for. If we did this the long way and took it before the Merchant Tribunal they would have seen it the same way. This is a just and equittable outcome."

They take the bodies down from the wagon and carry them outside to an awaiting wagon. The warriors surrounding you never take their hands off their weapons. They are gone within a matter of minutes.

You are now all standing in your building, glass everywhere, with an empty wagon and your two horses.

What does the group do now?
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Kull » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:26 am

Kull has a look of defat on his face. not only did he lost his chance of completing a lucrative contract. he stood down without even attempting to fight for it. It remebers him of the day he fled like a coward and left good friends behind. He truns around to the others: i guess this is it. if we arrive without the bodies we will have to pay back what we got as payment. so as far as i see we have no reason to futher continue this road. I personally still have to get to kalindar to deliver a parcel but despite that i have nothing to do. if they left landowes cart i would say we sell it. anyway if any cares to join me in the tavern drinks are on me. with that being said kull goes with hanging shoulders through the door and slams it shut behind him.
User avatar
Arlette Craven
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Arlette Craven » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:33 am

"This isn't the end." Arlette looks around the party, "Elec, you can try and track them through the city, see where they go? Maybe there is a chance to get the people back, you'll have to catch Kull to go with you in case there is more trouble than one can handle, plus it will lift his spirits for the chance of a brawl"

Arlette looks around at the glass shattered over the floor, she pats brown dog, whose fur is still up from the unwelcome visitors.

"I will go to the guild and see what information I can find out about this man and his crew, where they are holding up and what we face if we follow through on this. Hragg, Hilda, perhaps you can approach the clergy, try to learn more about Hextor and what could possibly be going on here? Also take the letters and inform them of what has happened. It wasn't worth our lives for something this man claims the merchants guild would approve of anyway. Something is really wrong here, the king has lost all power in this city. Hragg, maybe Fera there can do something useful too?"

She looks around for agreement before heading off to get help from her contacts.

DM she will do a gather information in the town on Arnen and his crew, what is happening with the merchants guild and the king, so I'll do 2 rolls. She will speak with the thieves guild for information first before heading out to the city.

Gather information check for Arnen
1d20+6
Number of hours
1d4

Gather information check for merchants guild
1d20+6
Number of hours
1d4
User avatar
Elec
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:19 pm
Race: Half-Elf
Class: 1st-lvl Ranger

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Elec » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:19 am

Elec nods in silence at Arlette's proposal. Still shocked from the series of events which just happened. He looks at Krull "Want to follow me?" and heads out, trying to track the gang.

Survival roll
1d20+3
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Kull » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:18 pm

Kull sighs then walks out side with elec. he then says maybe we should look for the cart first dont you think ? We might get some info from the gruards, i mean he had so many men with him someone must have noticed. he also trys to find any tracks of the group which robbed the bodies. survial check 1d20+1
Kull also trys to get some info out of the towns beggars. gather information check1d20-3
Post Reply