The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

The first of many adventures to come
User avatar
Hragg
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:40 pm
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric of Clangeddin

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Hragg » Tue May 28, 2019 10:57 pm

Hragg is chagrined by his failure to detect the intruder, swearing under his breath in dwarvish. When Arlette speaks, he moves to her right side, his axe hanging in his hand. "We thought the door secured." He says, motioning to HIlda to check the door to ensure no further visitors appear. "Why could this not wait until morning?" He asks the stranger. "I'm sorry, I did not catch your name..."
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by NeomerArcana » Wed May 29, 2019 8:28 am

"I am Arnen," he responds casually. "And it is morning, Landowe is an early riser. Where is he? Last chance."

His voice has changed now, it sounds threatening.
User avatar
Elec
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:19 pm
Race: Half-Elf
Class: 1st-lvl Ranger

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Elec » Wed May 29, 2019 5:14 pm

"Easy there friend" Elec steps up to Amen "Landowe met with some spiders along the road here. He is being tended to in Avim. Before we pass you the goods, how do we know your the one Landowe is expecting."
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by NeomerArcana » Wed May 29, 2019 5:47 pm

"Did Landowe tell you to expect me?" he addresses Elec before pausing a moment. "Would anyone but Landowe and who he was expecting know what he was transporting? The two westerners, they were to be delivered to me here. We were to bring them to a healer, and exchange we made with the people from the western lands beyond the Kingdoms. Their healers couldn't cure them, so they were set to sleep for transportation here where we can heal them."

"Where are the bodies. We can't delay, hand them over to me so I can get them the help that they need."
User avatar
Hilda Hearthstone
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:48 pm
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Cleric

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Hilda Hearthstone » Wed May 29, 2019 5:48 pm

This is very suspicious, thinks Hilda.

Sense Motive:
1d20+3
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by NeomerArcana » Wed May 29, 2019 5:50 pm

Hilda, you don't pick up anything untoward in what he's saying. But you hear a threat still in his voice.
User avatar
Arlette Craven
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Arlette Craven » Wed May 29, 2019 8:28 pm

"We are tasked to take these bodies elsewhere for healing, to Kalindar. Why should we give them to you? What is their worth to you? Do you really think you can heal them?" Arlette is growing tired of the veiled threat in Arnens voice.

She looks to the others, unsure of their intentions. She's not sure whether to give these bodies to this man, or what difference it would make to do it. Sure she would lose some money from that promised in Kalindar, but she had a lot already. She would lose reputation and probably couldn't return that way for fear of imprisonment, plus what makes this man think he can get them help any better than in Kalindar?

She looks back at the man, her eyes stern, "what happened to them that they needed to be put to sleep?"
User avatar
Hragg
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:40 pm
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric of Clangeddin

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Hragg » Wed May 29, 2019 11:42 pm

Sense Motive [1d20+2]

Hragg also tries to determine his honesty. "Are you with the temple, then, Sir?" He asks, assuming that only a cleric could hope to heal such a thing.

He looks for a holy (or unholy) symbol.

KnowLedge (ReLigion) [1d20+5]
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Kull » Thu May 30, 2019 1:59 am

Kull starts walk up the man and says we are being paid to bring those bodies else where what would we get from giving them to you ? We dont know who you are. and if you dont have a serious offer you better leave or i will make sure you will regrett it.
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by NeomerArcana » Thu May 30, 2019 1:19 pm

Hragg you notice a sudden movement in his eyes. Something is wrong. He is stalling, waiting for something, you're sure of it.

"Last chance," he says, openly hostile now. "Hand them over, or die."
Post Reply