The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

The first of many adventures to come
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Kull » Sat May 25, 2019 11:30 pm

Kull spot check1d20+1
listen check1d20+1
User avatar
Hragg
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:40 pm
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric of Clangeddin

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Hragg » Sun May 26, 2019 8:51 am

Spot [1d20+2]
Listen [1d20+2]
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun May 26, 2019 6:01 pm

All, I had forgotten to make one comment about your new friend, Feradrimlam. He wears a cloak which appears to widen and go out of focus on the edges, giving him a constantly imprecise silhouette. You imagine that in combat it would be difficult to strike him.

Arlette you don't spot anything in the dark when looking outside.

The night passes by uneventfully, except in the hour before dawn. Hragg is on watch when the sound of someone clearing their throat startles him, someone has gained entry without Hragg being aware! Hragg, of course, reaches for his weapon and calls out an alarm to wake the rest of you. The sounds of the city had been growing steadily for the past hour and so you're all only lightly sleeping and are easily roused and ready very quickly.

It is a human male, a good seven feet tall, though slender. He wears the clothes of a wealthy merchant, the style and fabric that Arlette has seen around town last night. His clothes are silken-black, which none of you has seen much of, trimmed in gold, with a wide black-leather belt gathering it all together. He has sharp features protruding from a long, but well-kept, black beard. He has closely cropped black hair. He appears to have no weapons, and in fact has his hands raised in a calming fashion.

"Please, my apologies, all," he begins in a calm voice, it is soft and very deep. "I didn't mean to startle you. I knocked but there was no answer. I didn't even know you were in here, I'd only heard that Landowe was back. You see, I'm looking for him, he is a colleague of mine. Have you seen him?"
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Kull » Mon May 27, 2019 5:23 am

Kull quickly stands up and grabs his axe. Unsure how to handel this Situation he stays back and lowers his axe. he then prooceeds to make small motions to the others to talk with the man since he is not how to respond to the "friend "of landowe without placing himself and the rest of the party in an uncomfortable situation.
User avatar
Arlette Craven
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Arlette Craven » Mon May 27, 2019 7:42 am

Arlette is immediately suspicious. Perhaps he is an innocent merchant who trades with Landowe, or he is the one who ordered the bodies delivered to him.

"Welcome, friend, I'm Arlette, what shall we call you? You look to be a fine merchant, your clothing is exquisite, where ever did you get that silken black cloth? I would love to have a sample myself. What kind of colleague is this Landowe you speak of, was he bringing you some goods? Spices perhaps? Or some more of that beautiful fabric? Or do you owe him something."

Sense motive check
1d20+7
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by NeomerArcana » Mon May 27, 2019 11:04 am

"Ma'am, my business with Landowe is between he and I," he replies to Arlette. "That is Landowe's wagon, I would recognise it anywhere. Where is he?"

He now looks at you all suspiciously, fear glints behind his eyes. "Or should I be calling the guard?" he says almost to himself.

Arlette you are unable to detect any lies.
User avatar
Hilda Hearthstone
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:48 pm
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Cleric

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Hilda Hearthstone » Mon May 27, 2019 11:06 am

Hilda will move to try and block his escape.

"I suggest you answer our questions." she says threateningly.
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Kull » Mon May 27, 2019 2:29 pm

Kull notice what hilda is doing and just silently drop his axe so if the the trader trys to run Kull will try to grab him in an attempt to stop him from getting away.
User avatar
Arlette Craven
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Arlette Craven » Mon May 27, 2019 4:59 pm

Arlette sees no reason to lie to this man, however she also sees no reason in telling the whole truth.

"My friend, your hostility is not necessary. We were hired by Landowe to protect this wagon, and we have made it safely to Lavender, as he requested. You may call the guard if you wish, but be sure you have your affairs in order as after they hear what we must share, you may be the one heading to the gallows." her voice grows stern, she doesn't want things to escalate but she also doesn't trust this man - she trusted Landowe and now she's a custodian of bodies.

"So, again, my friend, why have you snuck in here, what do you want with Landowe?"

Diplomacy check
1d20+2

She will also try to intimidate him
Intimidation check
1d20+2
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue May 28, 2019 7:34 am

"Landowe was shipping something for me. Where is he?" his voice betrays his frustration.
Post Reply