Finding the Cult

The first of many adventures to come
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by Kull » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:37 pm

Kull picks out the few bone splinters that got through his armor to avoid that they cause infections. He had seen enough fighters dying or having to sacrifce a limb because of dirty wounds, so he hopefully will never suffer the same fate. He then turns to the bodies, he rembers that the bodies were still alive or at least others claimed so. He walks up to one of the bodies and tries to distinguish if its alive or just a dead corpse (knowledge (untrainded) check 1d20-2 )
User avatar
Fenner Bates
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:33 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Transmuter

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by Fenner Bates » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:02 am

Fenner stands stunned for a moment the edges of his robes still shimmering from his cast mage armor. "Well that was something. I think we should block the entrance to this cave when we leave. We wouldn't want another group to use this for nefarious purposes." Fenner looks about the room and at the group. "We should also burn any ritual texts, vestments, or spell components of evil nature that we find."

Search for Ritual texts, vestments, spell components:
1d20+4
User avatar
Grigori Steelbrow
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:06 am
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:40 am

Considering what Fenner just said Grigori leans his shield and axe upon one of the bodies, stands upon the circle, and does a mocking little victory jig.

Perform(untrained)
1d20-3
User avatar
Arlette Craven
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by Arlette Craven » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:07 pm

Arlette looks over Kulls wound, "I'm glad you're not dead, friend, but you should have a healer look at it when we return to Kalindar," she turns to Grigori "you should too."

Arlette will search the room for traps and anything of interest or value.

"Fenner, we should probably explore more of the caves if we are to be sure no more evil lurks here, are you willing to do that?" she asks, pointedly, recalling him cowering away when they were in most in need.

Search check
1d20+6
User avatar
Fenner Bates
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:33 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Transmuter

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by Fenner Bates » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:35 pm

"Why of course. We walked all the way up here so I'd expect us to be diligent in our work." Fenner states not catching Arlette's implication.
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by Kull » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:10 pm

Kull still tries to detect any sign of life in the bodies , as he has no idea what to do he turns to Fenner and asks: wizard you look like someone that knows how to distinguish between dead and living peoples. If you care you could help me. Kull speaks in a somewhat nice tone as he has no idea at all what to do, and bringing back the bodies will give him a nice reward.
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:57 am

Kull, they appear to still be alive.

Fenner, I'll give you a take 20 search. Aside from their book, some candles, and those bones, there doesn't appear to be any other items of interest.

Grigori, as you do your little dance, the pentagon begins to glow faintly for a couple of flickers.

Arlette, I'll give you a take 20 search as well. You find, on one of the bodies, a very nice looking dagger. It appears to have gold and silver inlay snaking up and down the blade, which is very very keen. It's handle and scabbard are plain and unassuming.

Okay guys, what's next? Explore the remaining tunnel?

Arlette
8/8 HP
438gp 158sp 24cp + 2x Gemstone Necklaces (~700gp each)
3 rations
18 bolts
Kull
13/13 HP
417gp 9sp
Grigori
24/26 HP
5gp
2 rations
Fenner
4/4 HP
14gp 7sp 5cp
1 rations
Light (0) - 1
Prestidigitation (0) - 1
Ray of Frost (0) - 0/1
Feather Fall (1) - 1
Mage Armor (1) - 0/1
Magic Missile (1) - 0/1
User avatar
Grigori Steelbrow
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:06 am
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:34 am

Grigori jumps, thinking he was about to get zapped by something from the circle. He then calmly affixes his axe to his gauntlet and picks up his shield. "Arlette, shall we go to the other path near the entrance or the branch just outside here?"
User avatar
Fenner Bates
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:33 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Transmuter

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by Fenner Bates » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:14 am

Fenner moves to the entrance of this room ready to explore the rest of these caves.
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by NeomerArcana » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:48 pm

Cult Cave.PNG
The group moves on to the first tunnel you passed, the one covered in spider-webs. There's a faint flicker of wind that touches your torches here, and a very faint sound of dripping water.

Kull peers in first, brave and fearless. It's completely dark inside, and he can't see anything of note for as far as he can see. This section of cave is fairly rough and uneven. Grigori notes that the cave moves up about 5 feet as it rounds a bend.

What order does the party proceed down the tunnel? Take note that you can only traverse in a single file. So everyone, note if you're at the front, back, or middle etc. First person to claim a position gets it. Mention any actions that you take, or any precautions you take now as you move along. Feel free to discuss a plan before delving further.
Cult Cave.PNG

Arlette
8/8 HP
438gp 158sp 24cp + 2x Gemstone Necklaces (~700gp each)
3 rations
18 bolts
Kull
13/13 HP
417gp 9sp
Grigori
24/26 HP
5gp
2 rations
Fenner
4/4 HP
14gp 7sp 5cp
1 rations
Light (0) - 1
Prestidigitation (0) - 1
Ray of Frost (0) - 0/1
Feather Fall (1) - 1
Mage Armor (1) - 0/1
Magic Missile (1) - 0/1
Post Reply