Finding the Cult

The first of many adventures to come
User avatar
Arlette Craven
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by Arlette Craven » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:08 pm

Arlette pockets the ring, pleased to have found something so pretty. "I'll find out if anyone recognises this ring when we get back to town," she says to Fenner after quickly showing him her bounty, in case he recognised anything about the item.

She returns her focus to the two dark seers ahead, "Fenner, I'm not sure we will all survive this, I will do my best to get us out, we must work together." She loads a bolt into her crossbow and grips it tight as she peers ahead to see what Kull does next, whilst looking behind on occasion for any sign from Fera.

Appraise check
1d20+6
User avatar
Fenner Bates
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:33 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Transmuter

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by Fenner Bates » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:35 am

Fenner quickly appraises the ring as he is shown it. "You know my parents made me take over their shop when they got elderly..."

Appraise
1d20+10
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:26 am

(I'll give you results for appraisal in a little while when I've got time to access books etc. For now, it's worth a bit of gold but doesn't seem especially valuable)

When looking toward the crevice you spot movement. A very large arachnid is perched up there, watching you all intently. It must have just come back from a hunt, it carries a web-bound mound, about the size of a hare.
User avatar
Grigori Steelbrow
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:06 am
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:33 am

"It's not yet given us reason to kill it, so let's just allow the creature it's meal," Grigori says as he carefully nods his axe towards the way they came.
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by Kull » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:33 am

Kull nods in agreement and slowly backs out of the spiders nest cautious not to cause any noisee or sudden movements( move silent check 1d20+2)
as he still remembers the scars and pain of his last entcounter with spiders bigger than his hand. He also rises his axe over his head so he can strike from above without needing to raise his axe. He aslo sings to the others to stay silent and not anger the spider in any way.
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by NeomerArcana » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:59 am

I'll take it the group consensus is to back away and hope it leaves you alone too.

Everyone, please make one of the following (use your best)
- Charisma check (just 1d20+CHA modifer)
- Handle Animal Skill Check (it's a bit of a stretch)
- Survival Check (bit of a stretch too)
- Anything else that you think might be relevant

You can only roll one thing, not multiple. The DC is an 11, if anyone rolls less, than spider is going to protect it's nest.
User avatar
Grigori Steelbrow
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:06 am
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:16 am

Charisma check
1d20-3
User avatar
Fenner Bates
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:33 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Transmuter

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by Fenner Bates » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:30 pm

Charisma Check
1d20
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by Kull » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:20 am

charisma check 1d20-3
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:30 am

As the group backs away from the massive spider, Kull attempts, like the rest of you, to appear harmless and non-threatening. The spider isn't so easily fooled though, and descends from the crevice on a thick strand of web.

What is the party going to do? Soon combat will start unless you can get yourselves out of this. Feel free to ask questions.
Locked