4d6\u002dL

4d6\u002dL
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: Character Creation

Post by NeomerArcana » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:11 am

Alright. So next is picking a class and a race. Have you played before (I don't remember who is new and who isn't).
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:22 am

Yeah pal, I'd played PF, 5e, VTM etc before.

I think I'm gonna go Gnome Bard (the racial subsitution in Races of Stone) for this. Gonna be slightly awkward stat wise, but Im right in thinking +2 con, -2 str right?
Ludo Fritzwick

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:24 am

Think I've sorted most of the sheet out, I still need to roll for lvl 2 hp, and I wasnt sure what to do with my gold situation. So, I havent bought any equipment or anything yet.

40 skill points spent. Extra spells from Gnome Bard, Int level, etc. Look alright to you?
Attachments
Ludo Fritzwick.pdf
(492.35 KiB) Downloaded 643 times
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:50 am

Go ahead and roll your extra HP in here. For gold, roll your level 1 starting gold then add 400gp for level 2 (it seems cheap but the party hasn't really received all that much gold yet).
Ludo Fritzwick

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:26 am

For my hp:
1d6+2

And then for the money:
4d4

Ill change the equipment out, I won't use the starting equipment thing it lists (which would be 2d4 gold) I'm going to purchase my own instead, so 4d4x10, plus the 400.

So, now I'll pick my equipment and edit it into the sheet. I'll drop another reply once I've done that

(I messed up and added an extra dice roll, with the 7 below. Because I added it in as the 2d4. Then, before submitting and seeing the result, edited it to 4d4, but it still read text as 2d4. I got confused, added the 4d4 extra, thinking it wouldn't add the 2d4 roll thing. Tl;Dr, I'm an idiot. I thought the 4d4 (9) result was my actual one, but would you rather I use the 7 result, since technically I rolled that first but fucked up?)
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:28 pm

The dice don't lie. Use the original roll.
Ludo Fritzwick

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:57 pm

Think my sheet is now fully done - with all purchases, feats added etc etc. I'd appreciate it if you'd just give it a glance over and make sure I haven't made any fuck-ups anywhere
Attachments
Ludo Fritzwick.pdf
(508.09 KiB) Downloaded 687 times
Ludo Fritzwick

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:50 pm

As a really quick back story - which is more to present what kind of character Ludo is -

Some people become musicians to become famous, to "make it" so to speak. Ludo was not one of those. Money was nice, of course, but meeting new people, seeing new places, that was his dream. As such, Ludo could never be pinned down for very long.

His mother was a scholar of the arcana, his father, a poet. Turns out, Ludo got a little bit of the pair of them, though they had intended him for train in magical arts too. But, whilst Ludo could grasp the concepts, he just didn't care enough to study and learn, he wanted to get out and adventure.

His family realising they could not hold him down, and nor did they want to, gifted him a special fiddle for his 40th birthday. It is this fiddle he still plays to this day and is his treasure, the FritzFiddle and Fritzbow.

With that, he took his chance and began exploring, and he'd only ever spend a few weeks in one town or city before moving on. He'd perform a few shows, usually in taverns and inns, though occasionally someone would recognise him or become enthralled, and try to hire him. Ludo always ended up moving on.

His mother would be proud though, he did continue practicing some magic, just, not in the scholarly manner she intended. In reality, Ludo developed magic that would help further his career, enchanting people, or things that could be used to his benefit - he was no saint after all - or even for his protection. Putting people to sleep does have its uses after all.

And that is where we find Ludo today, travelling around as a bard, performing tricks and performing for all - whether with his FritzFiddle, or just with his voice. All Ludo wants to do in life is have fun; meet people, have some drinks, and put on a good show. That's the meaning of life to him.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:33 pm

Okay; so I imagine a travelling bard might agree to play some music for some food and lodging. The Blue Dog is booked out though, so you may need to squeeze your way into a group that's already staying there. Go ahead and enter the game.