Into the Swamp

User avatar
Wikk Slyscale
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:39 pm
Race: Kobold
Class: 2nd Level Wizard

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Wikk Slyscale » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:00 pm

( No idea how I missed the post here, I have been checking every day. You're certainly right! Lemme roll that up - and sorry to keep everyone waiting! )

Diplomacy Test
1d20+5
User avatar
Arlette Craven
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Arlette Craven » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:21 pm

Arlette, seeing the might of the impressive, and clearly angry, dragon runs to Ludo and pulls him quite aggressively by the collar into cover (6,6), he's quickly gained favour with her and she would hate for something to happen to him. She can't help Grigori and Kull now and desperately looks to see if they have found cover; she looks to Wikk hoping he is able to get them a moment to escape this death bowl and the wrath of the dragon.
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 629
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:02 pm

The dragon comes crashing down through the trees, sending branches and trunks splintering, in order to catch the last cultist and pin them under a claw. It looks at Wikk while the kobold speaks, and crushes the cultist into the ground with a bone-crunching sound.

The dragon steps forward toward the remaining unconscious cultist. "Yes, little one. I owe a debt for freeing me, I will repay that debt by not killing you all..."

He looks around at Kull, somehow turning its massive skeletal face into the most wicked smile any of you have seen. "But the coins you carry will be dropped here by this one," the dragon flicks the unconscious body with a claw.

"Hurry about it. Before I change my mind."
User avatar
Wikk Slyscale
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:39 pm
Race: Kobold
Class: 2nd Level Wizard

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Wikk Slyscale » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:18 pm

Wikk wastes no time in nodding swiftly and shouting down at Kull, "He's going to let us live, but you must drop all the coin you're carrying - With haste!"
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Kull » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:13 pm

Kull takes the few coins he has left, as he gave most them to Arlette. He places them infront of the dragon while bowing in hopes of avoiding getting his head crushed or worse. Kull wispers under his breath in orkisch "Lets hope you deserve this coin and are not just a overgrown lizard with a lot of talk." He then turns to the party. "If thats all we should bind the one still alive and search them for informations and some new money."
User avatar
Celaena
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:20 pm
Race: Select
Class:

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Celaena » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:03 pm

Celeana moves forward and glances between Wikk and the dragon as she tries to follow the conversation, "So..... if I'm reading this situation right, these guys freed you" She looks to the dragon "And you are repaying that by..... robbing them?"
User avatar
Wikk Slyscale
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:39 pm
Race: Kobold
Class: 2nd Level Wizard

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Wikk Slyscale » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:09 am

It's only then that Wikk takes earnest note of the newest-comer to the bowl as she brazenly calls the dragon out as a bandit as opposed to the immense power that he is, "Miss," he cries out, "This is neither the time nor the place to pick fights! We must be gracious in having our lives spared at the mere cost of extra coin. On our way down he promised us he would come after that man's coin and dragons don't break their word!"
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 629
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:40 am

The dragon hears Kull refer to the unconscious bandit and in response places a protective claw over the body.

"Haha... No, fiend," he says to Kull. "This one is mine. You can stay if you like and watch?“

The dragon doesn't seem to acknowledge Celaenas comment at all.
User avatar
Wikk Slyscale
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:39 pm
Race: Kobold
Class: 2nd Level Wizard

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Wikk Slyscale » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:41 pm

The elder's words send a chill down Wikk's spine. With this exalted beast's newfound freedom he could easily chase the lot of them across the plane if he so chose. There would be nowhere they could escape to or survive if they were to make a foe of him. There is a dark and malicious humor embedded in that invitation, one that the little dragon prays is understood. He looks about for the others, calling out lowly to the tree that Artlette and Ludo have taken cover under, "It would seem the cause of the plague has been dealt with. If you all wish to leave with your lives, I would suggest making haste. I told the elder there that I would be leaving and a dragon keeps their word. I'll be back at my cart if you all would like to reconvene there."

Without much ceremony, he picks up his light crossbow and hurries back up the road from whence they came.
User avatar
Grigori Steelbrow
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:06 am
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:52 pm

"He may be new but I shall follow Wikk as that conflict really took the wind out of my sails." Grigori then places his axe back at his hip while half ignoring the situation at hand before politely and carefully asking,"Kull, let's get moving. If this newcomer and her wolf wish to start trouble, let it be theirs."

DM has the strength drain worn off yet? If not, about how much longer do I have?
Post Reply