Into the Swamp

Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: Into the Swamp

Post by Kull » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:34 am

Kull shrugs " I havent even seen something like this before. If someone knows how trustworthy they are , you should know it i guess. We could go for the right one first, i doubt those cultists know that we are comming for them so we can wast a bit of time. Arlette maybe you could take a little peak each way so we know our options. I have no big problem rushing some cultistis who dont know how to fight but maybe they have another nasty suprise for us."
If requested Kull could take his armour of and try to sneak as well.
"Also i hope that thing will be ok with its freedom and wont take my gold. I worked to hard for it to let it be taken by an overgrown lizard".
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:39 pm

"Well, left or right then?" Grigori says, relaying the question to the reformed folks, "Personally, I'd heed Big Scaly's words and go left then knock down the ordinary guy. If it gives us a better chance then we best take it."

Grigori waits patiently for the remaining replies.
Arlette Craven
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:59 pm

"Let's go left, but everyone, be on edge, listen, look, we don't want to get caught out here, this feels a whole lot more dangerous than what we've experienced before. I can sneak ahead on the left and see what there is, I imagine Kull and Grigori may be the ones we need to take on whoever this "plain" one is..."

Move silently check
1d20+6

Spot check
1d20+5

Listen check
1d20+6

Hide check
1d20+6
Wikk Slyscale
Race: Kobold
Class: 2nd Level Wizard

Post by Wikk Slyscale » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:21 am

Wikk nods his accord with Arlette, "This is your adventure, I'm merely along to assist for the moment. I'll offer my support as the need arises." With that, he sets a bolt in his light crossbow and shoulders the weapon, searching their surroundings for any identifying marks of magical activity with his Detect Magic spell.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:23 am

Arlette, you sneak along the path, staying to the shadows, hiding in the underbrush; whisper quiet and unseen. The path you follow seems to rise a bit and down to your right, where the other path would have likely taken you, you see that you're on the lip of a natural bowl in the swamp. You are about 20 feet above the bowl, on a sort of cliff; below stagnant black water surrounds a few wet islands in the bowl. The trees are thick overhead so that barely any light creeps through the branches, even with the open water below.

Standing around the bowl on the opposite side, on the lower levels in a crescent moon shape around the water, are several robed figures. They are adorned with various red-stitchings on the edges of their robes and hoods. You recognise the symbol of hextor stiched in the arm of one such figure. All of them have, what appear to be priceless, jewelry over their robes, rings on their fingers. A couple stand by small chests that are open, glittering contents revealed.

In the center of the largest island in the bowl, are two figures. One wears the robes with the same intricate red-stictching that the outer figures are wearing. The other does not have this stitching, but wears golden crown on it's head (over the robe) and carries a small chest full of gems and coins. These two figures are about 30 feet from you. They are talking too quietly to hear.

It appears that no one has noticed you in the greenery up in your vantage point.
Arlette Craven

Post by Arlette Craven » Fri May 01, 2020 9:28 am

After observing the group for a little while she returns to the others to tell them of what she has found. She's not sure who the dragon would consider the plain one but given their love of jewels and gold she guesses maybe the one without such adornments would be considered plain to a dragon - she will confirm with Wikk, seeing as he is so familiar with them.

Move silently check
1d20+6

Hide check
1d20+6
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat May 02, 2020 8:44 am

Arlette passes back to the fork in the road without being seen or heard.

What's next guys?
Arlette Craven

Post by Arlette Craven » Sat May 02, 2020 1:11 pm

Arlette describes the scene most intently to Grigori and Kull, they are the warriors after all, hoping they have a good idea of what to do with the fight that no doubt awaits them. She asks Wikk what he thinks of the dragons plain man. She ruffles Ludos hair so he doesn't feel left out.
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Sat May 02, 2020 9:34 pm

Kull shrugs " If your right this should be quite easy. Those pelor guys have no combat expertise, i doubt they could even beat Ludo in an armwrestling match. I say we do it the easy and simple way. Grigory i know this might be a bit unconvential but when we rush those guys try to be intimidating, its usally enough if you shout at them, best if they cant understand what you are saying. Arlette and Ludo i say you two try to take down their leader as quick as possible. When he is gone the rest will be easy to finish off." He then takes a look at Wikk and after some time of Kull wispering to himself he turns to Wikk. "Say could you try to sound like this dragon we have met before. You could confuse them and maybe convince to yield without us even needing to fight with them. I dont know how all this magic stuff works but mabye its a good idea".
Kull breathes deep breaths to stay calm. He did several ambushes like the one he just planned out but he wasnt facing an inexpierenced trader and some badly trained guards which would give up at the slightest threat. Not only was he up against enemys with at least one powerfull servant,slave or in whatever kind of relation those guys wree to the dragon. He also never faced mages which could as far as he knew do almost anything that man could imagine.

Kull starts to pace up and down waiting for the resto of the pary and their ideas.
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Sun May 03, 2020 8:22 am

((Apologies for my absence everyone - got caught up with stuff, and completely my bad for not warning you all - should be back now, but really, sorry))

Ludo is torn at this moment. Part of him is filled with wonder and excitement for the song he's going to sing about this, a real dragon, what are the chances? This adventure was turning already into a true legend.

But then the other part catches up, that he's in the middle of this situation. And, with Kull's idea he's going to be right in the centre of it.

"I'll follow Arlette's lead, but sure, I can give it a go. If worst comes to it, I'll do some magic and make some big bangs somewhere, might scare em a tad!"