Kull & Ludo

Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: Kull & Ludo

Post by Kull » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:45 am

Kull frowns" How come your missing so many men. I thought you would have had enough when you canme into the habor. Did some of them catch the disease or why do you need so many men". He leans down to Ludo and lowers his voice"If you ask me it sounds like sort of Curse like the ones you hear in Stories."

He then suddenly turns back to the Captain" So your saying that you are in need of 12 men. How much do you need them? What if i and my friend here help you with your search for new sailors. Of course we would expect some coin for that."
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:22 am

Ludo agrees with Kull, "My friend here asks the right question, where did your men go? And yes, we will require something in return for finding you sailors. I'm sure we rouse a few up for you though. I can think of a few already! Anyway, back to why we're here. If you're so sure you didn't bring the disease through, have you not tried to find out anything about it? You know, to defend yourself with justifications? 'Cause I'm sure that's part of the reason you're struggling to get any new help round here. Actually, why don't you assist us? Look, we're here to find out what caused this disease and sort this mess out. I'm sure you've got some equipment around here that could help us out. You must have some stuff for pirates or what not whilst you're out sailing? You help us out, we get you sailors, and, we'll return your equipment. Then, you can sort us out with that finders fee. How does that sound my good friend?"

Diplomacy
1d20+5
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:35 pm

Your words seem to work.

"Well... alright. I'll tell you what; I've got some rather rare weapons here of gnomish make," he smiles. "We call it a thunderstick. It's like a magic wand, only it kills anyone in front of you by punching them full of rocks."

He laughs a little at his own little joke.

"I'll give you two of them, and some of the junk you'll need to make 'em work, I'll even show you how they work. In return, you bring me 12 men, at least 3 of them sailers, the rest can learn. No one sick, or ill, or old. Strong arms and backs."

"And I tell you," he adds. "It's a damned good deal. These weapons came from the dwarven traders on Stonewrought Island, goodness knows how far they've travelled. Very rare, very valuable. I just need to get the hell out of here before I get sick, but I can't leave my ship behind, and I can't get out on the road even if I wanted to."
Kull

Post by Kull » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:39 am

Kull just shakes his head assuming the captain is joking. "I guess we have heard enough. We then lets met back with the others. I hope they can make more out of this than i do."
While walking back Kull turns to Ludo."I know im not the best thinker here so what do you think is going on ? What Hansard said sounds more like a kind of curse. Like the sorts shamans or old women do. But i have never heard in any of his stories of curses that affect more than a person or an bloodline.
And about that reward do you think we should tell the others ?
They surley would want a piece as well. but then again i am not gifted when it comes to persuade people."
He scratches his head trying to piece together what is going on in this city.
He is also a bit exited to find the men he and Ludo promised the captain so he keeps his eyes and ears ready for any usefull informations.

listen check 1d20+1

spot check 1d20+1
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:04 am

Ludo shakes the hand of the captain and accepts his offer. "Those thundersticks will definitely help us out. And you got a deal, we'll get you those men.

Ludo follows the captain firstly to collect these weapons and see how they work, and then continues with Kull back to the Green Skipper.

In response to Kulls questions, Ludo answers "As I see it, the weapons are ours. I'm keeping one, you do with yours as you wish. But I'm not exactly good at hitting people like you. So, this thing? This gives me a fighting chance. And for what's going on? Honestly, this has me beat. Could be some weird magic. Could be a plague. I think Hansaard is right though, I don't think this ship has anything to do with it - otherwise why isn't the captain there suffering? We'll go back to the others and see what they learnt."

DM I didn't misunderstand did I? We have those weapons now, and then get the men after.
Kull

Post by Kull » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:29 am

(I think we will get them if we bring him the promised men. Not before.
)
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:44 pm

You get the weapons after bringing the men.