Southport

Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Re: Southport

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:46 am

"Well, now that we're here it's your time to prove yourselves and assist in our investigation," Grigori says to the bandits,"Arlette do you have a preference on how we do this?"
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:32 pm

Kull walks over to Kai and Ludo wiht a broad grin: "I just had an idea, how about we make a competion to see who of us can take the most ale ? Loser pays the tap."
With that he sits down and oders himself a basic meal and waits for the others if they need something from him.
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:24 am

Kull's idea gives Ludo a huge grin, "I like your thinking big guy!"

To anyone else, this would seem like a very unwise idea - given the size differences between the two. However, Ludo fails to see it as an unwise idea, and instead as a fun idea, and so readily takes the challenge on.

Before he begins his challenge with Kull, he looks to the group, "I reckon we rest up for today, we can't do much more today, at least, not out in that fog. And I need to rest, didn't get much sleep." His attention turns to Kai and with a laugh says, "Think you owe me a bottle of liquor for that good friend!" But then readdressing the group as a whole, "I'm gonna stay here with Kull, and, I have some old stories I want to chase up before we go back out there. Up to you guys if you crash with us two, or have other things you want to check out. But a drink and putting feet up sounds perfect for me."

Having said his piece, Ludo moves towards the innkeeper, "Heya lad! Firstly, we need rooms for the night, you got anything available? And also, my big green buddy and I would like a couple of ales, we're gonna go for a bit of a tab." He places his bag on the floor, and begins to take out his quill and some loose rolls from his bag, to make some notes before the festivities begin, "I also wanted to poke your mind a bit. I remembered an old tale about Southport, the story always fascinated me and I want to make a song of it on my own, but really, I want to do it the justice it really deserves you know? The one about the hero with his hundred men who go into the swamp and rescue the lady, but only two return. You know the one? How much do you know about the old tale, and, I bet there's a descendant of those two lovebirds in this town somewhere, know where I can find them?"

Ludo then waits to make notes of all he hears.
Kai Sylgeiros
Race: Human
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:46 am

"Ill need a bottle of your house liqour and some of that raw fish if tou have it." Kai pauses and turns to look at kull and ludo returning a smile, "make it ale for three."
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:50 am

The innkeeper snaps his fingers and yells out for food to brought for everyone. Kai the fish appears very bright and gives off a faint smell of fish, it's clearly very fresh. One of the innkeepers sons then brings out a few tankards and slams a keg down on the table and taps it for you. "Here you go," he says.

Ludo your question causes the innkeeper to pause for a moment. "Well, you know I never would have thought of that... but aye, I suppose they were told to have remained in town and settled here with a family..."

"As for descendants... well truth be told, I don't think they had any. Not directly. I believe the truth of it is they had started the orphanage on the other side of town. At least that's what Mother Sceris says, and she would know, she's run that place now for close to a hundred years as I've heard."

(All it would help if everyone could post their current hit points in their next posts)
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:30 am

Arlette watches Kull, Kai, and Ludo start their drinking competition sure that Kull will win the day, but with a small hope Ludo will emerge victorious, a smile crosses her face before she turns back to Grigori, talking in a soft tone.

"We have quite a band now friend, which may allow us to cover more ground and find out what is happening here, whether the cult is behind it, and if there is anything that can be done about it. I think it is best if tonight when we retire we keep a watch. I don't want anything surprising us and with the stories we've heard so far I think it all happens in the darkness. Those of us who need more rest do not need to take a watch, we have enough to not worry on that." She looks at Grigori to sense his opinion on this, whether he is concerned about what is happening in the night as well.

"Then," she continues, "tomorrow we will split up our forces, we have these extra men as well as Janice, we can speak to the church and to Mother Sceris, I want to find this tracker, and perhaps we send a group to the market place or the docks to find the town gossip about the swamps and this disease. Someone here will know more, even if we have to search the shadows to find them."

"But for now, let us let them enjoy their frivolity." She turns back to the trio and laughs at their antics.

DM Arlette has 13HP, also, forgive me but I assumed she overheard the innkeeper talking to Ludo about Mother Sceris as they were all together in her mind and she would have listened to Ludo talking to him.
Last edited by Arlette Craven on Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ludo Fritzwick

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:35 am

Ludo smiles and nods as the innkeeper discusses the orphanage, and he makes note of it and the name Mother Sceris. Ludo may unwisely be going against Kull and Kai in a drinking competition it appears, but he isn't stupid, he knows he may need to make note of things in case he forgets shortly after this. "Ah thank you so much, that's exactly where I'm going to tomorrow then! And one day, I'll be back here singing songs of this fateful adventure." He pauses and looks sincerely to the innkeeper, "If you'd permit me, mister.... Sorry, how rude of me, I completely forgot to ask for your name, or these other lads," indicating to the boys bringing out the keg and any other staff, "I am Ludo Fritzwick, hopeful master bard. My friends here, Kai, and Kull are my two drinking companions. And here we have the ever most wonderful Arlette, and our good friend Grigori. And our other companions," he says, introducing everyone.

After, or if, the innkeeper returns the introductions, Ludo will sit back down and begin to drink the first tankard of ale, with a hearty cheers to anyone taking part!

Ludo is currently at full hp (12hp) - However is at 2/3 0-level spells, and 0/1 1st level spells. At the end of the drinking game (however we're rolling for this), Ludo fully intends to sleep this all off for at least a full 8hours to regain those spell slots (and to recover from whatever consequences he is about to receive)
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:10 am

The Innkeeper introduces himself as Fredathow Eran, and his two boys as Oliver and Vil.

So we have a drinking game. Those partaking please roll 5 different Fortitude Saves; this represents the most that any of you will drink before going to bed to sleep off some damage etc.

The DC for continuing to drink is 13. If you roll less than 13, you are too drunk to continue and go to bed. If more than two people make it the entire night, you'll need to call it a draw until next time. If you make it through the night; you also have a 10% chance of getting alcohol poisoning, which will result in you losing 2 points of Con for the next two days (and suffer the damage to max Hit Points as well for those two days); so if you get through the night, please roll a 1d100, getting an 11 or better means you're fine, less than that and you're feeling groggy the next couple days.
Ludo Fritzwick

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:51 am

1d20+2
1d20+2
1d20+2
1d20+2
1d20+2

Ludo laughs and jokes with Kai and Kull as they drink their first ales, and Ludo drinks it triumphantly, even breaking out into a little song and the tankards gets put back down.

"Drink up! Drink up! With a cheer and smile,
Enjoy this night whilst we drink for a while!

You get an ale, I get an ale!
We drink! Till the green giant goes pale!"

And as Ludo begins to work his way through his second drink, the unwise nature of this competition sits in - and the fact he neglected to eat properly today, combined with the lack of sleep, and his obvious size, and it begins to really hit him.

He tries to sing again,

"The ale is so sweet,
it's... hic!" He doesn't even continue to try and make a poorly structured song. Instead, as he begins to feel ill, and oh so sleepy, he looks around for Arlette and Grigori, with glossy, pleading eyes, that say only one thing; Please get me to a bed
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:25 pm

"I shall take up watch over the bandits, perhaps I could convince Janice to join me and at least cover half of the night. Although, now that I think of it we can't just keep calling them bandits that may prove counterproductive to bettering themselves and I think Kai asked their names before but I fail to recall."

Grigori then takes a pause from the conversation to look to the festivities of their friends and chuckles upon noticing Ludo's expression. He approaches Fredathow and requests water and some light food to hopefully help Ludo not be too miserable later.

"Arlette, looks like bedtime for Ludo so I'll take care of him."

DM after the previous long rest I believe Grigori is back to full health at 26.