Southport

Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: Southport

Post by Kull » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:57 am

Kull just grins at Ludo and starts to empty his ale. "You have to teach me a good drinking song once in a while. Its so much better than a bunch of shouting and curses of some drunk hooligans". He then looks at Kai in already slurring:" Kai you seem like a good lad but what where you doing before you joined our little band of chaotic fools. And you little music man. How come your playing music for a living? Shouldnt you be good at tinkering like the rest of your folk ?"
constitoution throw 1d20+3
1d20+3
1d20+3
1d20+3
1d20+3
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:04 am

Kull try to show off his drinking skills and lits up the Keg and starts shugging but stops quite fast and runs outside where he loudly throws up. After some time he walks back in with hanging shoulders and places his purse on the table before stumbling to his bed room. Before entering he turns around a last time and raises his finger and points at the remaining drinkers. "this isnt over, i will beat you another time".
[Kull currently has 4 hit points]
Kai Sylgeiros
Race: Human
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:34 am

"Before this i was living at home with the plan to take over the family business, but things happen and i left home. Now im here, i do hope you both will take it easy on me im still getting my feel for alchohol."
[Kai is in 13 hp]
(Fortitude saving throws)
1d20+5
1d20+5
1d20+5
1d20+5
1d20+5
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:19 am

((I cannot believe Ludo actually won that ahahaha, I am so sorry for my post in that case, I did not possibly think Ludo would win, after only passing the first DC check - I shouldve waited for all the rolls and then made a thing after))

Ludo thanks Grigori for carrying him on ahead, or at least he tries to thank him, it's mostly some slurs. In his state though, he hadn't even realised yet that actually Kai and Kull had disappeared as he'd begun drinking his second ale.
Kai Sylgeiros
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:02 am

Almost getting through his first cup kai stands up, sways back onto his heels and has to take a couple of steps before steadying himself. "I..." kai pauses as he has to lean against the table next to him. "imah gonna go bed." As he passes fredathow and leans against the front desk for support, "howah... how much do we owe. And cannnnn i geet two bottles of somethin for ze road."
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:51 pm

Arlette lets out a loud whoop as Ludo outpaces the others, "Lucky it wasn't an arm wrestle, Ludo!" she jests as she slaps him on the back.

Speaking to Grigori, as the others were too drunk or asleep to be sensible, she continues with the plan for the following day, "I think you and Kai should go to the church and then seek Mother Sceris at the orphanage, you are a Sword of Pelor but religion is important to you both, you will be able to learn the most there. Then, Kull and Ludo should go to the docks, they will fit in with the workers and will find out what we need to know. I will take Janice and we shall find the tracker I was told of at the gates, Janice has much experience travelling on her own, she knows much about tracking so may recognise things this tracker has to share with us. We can then split up the extra men, each of us take one with us. We should meet back here after and discuss what we have found and decide where to go after that."

Arlette will help with the watch through the night, looking and listening out for any signs of the bumps in the night that they have been told of.

Spot check
1d20+5

Listen check
1d20+6
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:57 pm

The night passes without incidence but not uneventfully. Each one of you that takes watch during the night can't help but feel as though you're being watched by some sinister force. It's never a strong enough feeling to make you call out an alarm, but the thought and feeling sits there, just behind you, reaching a hand forward to rest on your shoulder.

A fog settles over the town quite heavily during the night. From the vantage point of your second-floor window, you see the routine of the town-guards of the night. They always seem to travel in pairs or threes, except for a few of the braver ones (or the ones ordered), not only are the gates watched, but several patrols circle the dock-city in both clockwise and counter-clockwise directions, spaced at odd and irregular intervals. Combined with more guards criss-crossing in the streets below, it gives an apparent randomness to the patrols.

Whether that is a result of good planning, or poor planning, is impossible to tell. What is certain is that there appears to be a large guard employed in this town. Not completely unexpected with the sort of roughskinned sailors one would expect, but what is unexpected is how quiet it is. You all came into this town expecting the dock-workers and sailors to be a lively bunch, drinking to all hours and brawling in the streets. But nothing stirs in the night here, except the guards.

Come morning you're all welcomed to a large breakfast provided by the inn-keeper, though it isn't cheap. You all agree to pay the price, it's well within your means, and times seem lean here. Last night it was clear that not many people are visiting the Inn as they once were. When prompted, Fredathow tells you that trade has been slow recently with the merchants guild and the king being at odds, "but it should pick up soon enough," he says with a forced smile.

Arlette and Grigori announce the plans for the day to everyone. The bandits at first seem a little concerned, but quietly talk amongst themselves and then appear relieved. It's determined that the three groups should meet back at The Green Skipper Inn at lunch time, using the morning to undertake their tasks and gather information, before deciding what should be done.

(Everyone, you'll have your own posts to write in until the group is back together)