On the Trail to Southport

Locked
User avatar
Ludo Fritzwick
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:59 pm
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:27 pm

Ludo sits this one out, his idea to have them permanently carry his stuff doesn't seem to be going down to well, and so he addresses Kull with, "I don't mind so much. I mean, I don't see the point in killing them now. But, if you guys don't want to work with them, then we hand them over to someone else. Still, if we're going to get into more fights, more swords is a good idea."
User avatar
Grigori Steelbrow
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:06 am
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:44 pm

Yes, at least the 'trial' that I had proposed
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 535
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:14 am

Okay guys, I need a decision. Arlette, what's the course of action? Take them back to the church, hold a trial now (and likely they'd be sentenced to death), or take them with you and hope for the best?

Brown Dog and Burn are still playing. One of the bandits smiles as Brown Dog runs past him and the bird flits past his head.
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Kull » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:04 am

Kull is willing to take them along for now but doesnt have a Problem with them being executed as well. He will most likley follow Arlettes desicion as she proved to be a good leader before. Also he still trys to find out where the loot of the bandits is hidden.
User avatar
Arlette Craven
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Arlette Craven » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:50 am

Arlette thinks long, too long, she realises she's been distracted by Brown Dog and Burn playing that she's only half listened to the arguments.

"Grigori the trial is a good idea, I will remember that. They come with us for now, paid work is paid work after all, Kull as you remember we were once helping Landowe without knowing fully what he was up to." She trails off quietly, wondering what happened to Landowe, but centers herself quickly. She turns to the bandits, walking slowly and awkwardly close to each of them as she says the following in a strong mum voice, "If I detect even the tiniest sliver of a hint of anything that threatens the lives of any of these men from one of you, you will all be done." She leaves it open ended, maybe Ludo will dispose of them, maybe Grigori will see a trial, maybe Kai will protect them, but if they become a threat she will ensure they travel with them no longer.

"Let's get a move on, we've got places to be, gather what you wish to take and be ready to move out." She considers buying them all horses at the next big town so they don't slow the party down and to allow those that wish to abscond to do so, one less trouble maker to deal with in her mind.
User avatar
Kai Sylgeiros
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:37 am
Race: Human
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:44 pm

Turning to the highway men, "past deeds do not prevent you all from living a righteous life that you can be proud of. Follow us, maybe even work as a sword of pelor and make some honest coin, and forge a life of which you can raise your head up high." Pausing for a second before continuing, "that does not mean past deeds can be forgiven. Judgement will be past at a more appropriate time." After address the highway men kai turns to the party, "this was good battle experience but a harsh one, shall we continue or find a place to rest and heal up?"
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 535
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:12 pm

Okay, the group continues southward to Kraag. Here you find there's no inn to stay at, but there is a well-kept meadow with somewhat permanent lean-tos to keep the rain off you all. Ludo, you've heard (probably stayed) at a few of these spots, they are located near towns that don't have inns and often act as meeting places for travellers and even the local townsfolk. It's up to travellers themselves to keep them well-kept and you're supposed to leave the place better than you found it.

There's two other groups staying here tonight. Three men who stay on the edge, near a small shelter, and keep to themselves. The other group is a family of tallfellow gnomes who smile and wave, but make no move to come and welcome you.

You're travelling with your four bandits and will need to make plans for tonight. There is one remaining lean-to that can provide some cover for 4 of you.
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Kull » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:12 am

" I guess we will rest here for now. I think we need at least two of us Holding watch at the same time. One to make sure the bandits dont run off and the other one to watch for suprises. Im gonna take the first watch, Maybe you want to join me Ludo ? You have good eyes and i have the muscle to back you up." He then walks off to gather some firewood.
Survival check 1d20+1
User avatar
Ludo Fritzwick
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:59 pm
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:19 am

Ludo sighs, he'd been looking forward to getting some rest, but he agrees anyway, and puts on a smile and perks himself up.

"Sure. We can watch, and talk. Y'know I remember staying here once before, couple summers ago? Surprised I remember it! I was so drunk that night. Speaking of which, do we have any alcohol? Does anyone? I'd kill for a drink right now." He specifically looks to the newly recruited ex bandits, "One of you lads must have something. Please. Save me. Whoever finds me some I'll write you a beautiful song!"
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Kull » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:40 am

Kull thinks about Ludos words for a bit and has visibly lost focus of his Actions as he stands still for a few seconds.

"I dont have any alcohol with me but i rember that Gruscha always had a waterskin full with some awfull tasting brew. I dont now what he put inside it besides squished berrys but that stuff had a hell of a kick. I guess we will buy a Barrel of ale in the next city. Or are one of those high horses that only drink wine or stuff like that?"
Locked