On the Trail to Southport

Locked
User avatar
Arlette Craven
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Arlette Craven » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:20 pm

Deep in thought, Arlette listens to each of her people talk, eventually she speaks up. "My friends, you seem very keen to take on these men who just previously were trying to kill us, and who carry with them these evil symbols. They will slow us down, especially this one here," she points to the injured one "and we are to dispense of such cult members anyway, it is not worth our time to keep them alive."

She turns to the bandits, "You know who we are and how easily we can do away with you," she throws a sly look towards Ludo, "what are you doing here and why do you have this?" She presents the Hextor symbol.

Sense motive check on their responses
1d20+8
User avatar
Grigori Steelbrow
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:06 am
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:25 pm

"Evil symbols? Do you all possess such foul trinkets?" Grigori asks each question with some degree of concern and distaste.
User avatar
Kai Sylgeiros
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:37 am
Race: Human
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:20 am

Learning that an evil sumbol was found, kai will use sense evil and will tell the party of the outcome.
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Kull » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:05 am

Kull gets a suprised look on his face : They had what now ? So you mean we just helped some cult members. Ok i can make short work off them but we could bring them to the church for intergoration, we might get a bounus for it . He starts to search for some rope to tie them up or to give them a quick death but then stops in his tracks halfway. "This is wierd , as far as i know the cult had quite a lot of money, why would they need to rob common traders ? It just doesnt make a lot of sense to me. I guess you guys know what your talking about".
Search check 1d20-2
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 535
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:02 pm

Kai you detect no evil from these four bandits, at least, not genuine evil. The symbol of hextor however gives off a faint evil aura.

Kull you can take 20 on search, but you find nothing that Arlette hasn't already found.

The bandits all look to the middle one before he answers. "We don't know, we swear. We just worked for him, times have been hard with the trails basically closed down... we were doing what we needed to to survive... We didn't want to kill... but. We need to eat! Dammit, what were we supposed to do..."

Two of the four are quietly sobbing.

Arlette as near as you can tell, they seem to genuinely be regretful.

Kai, just a reminder, you are lawful good. As a paladin, this sort of restricts your options a little here. The law is as the Captain said, banditry is punishable by death, murder is as well. Though you aren't authorised to act out the kings law, you are aware of what that law is.
User avatar
Kai Sylgeiros
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:37 am
Race: Human
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:24 pm

(DM i appreciate the reminder, having a little problem remebering all the nuances for kai and his alignment)

"While i agree that the highway men should be in our possession for we captured them, they do need to face a punishment for the crimes they have committed. As grigori mentioned swords of pelor i think that the church of pelor shall be a fine judgment of these men." Kai says to to party before turning to the highway men, "bodyguards or hired muscle works just fine, ask these mercenaries how hard it is."
User avatar
Kull
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Kull » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:37 pm

Kull look at the group: Well what do you say we should do with them ? Ludo, Grigory what do you guys think we should do ? I dont really see a problem in sending them back to the church. Maybe they can get some information out of them. Also Kai as you see being a mercenary is difficult work. Dont think that our payment is in the normal range of a mercenary. He then waits with crossed arms for the rest of the group to make a desisson.
User avatar
Grigori Steelbrow
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:06 am
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:01 am

"Hmmm, well we can't just send them to the church in good faith. Perhaps we can carry out my proposal from earlier. Kai, would you be willing to be the primary monitor for the trial? Of course the rest of us would monitor in turn, though should you decline my next choice of primary monitor would be Arlette."
User avatar
Kai Sylgeiros
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:37 am
Race: Human
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:37 pm

Kai turns to kull, "terribly sorry i was referencing the mercenaries hired by the merchants not this group." Then turns to Grigori, "i am not a sword of pelor it might be inappropriate for me to be the primary monitor but i would like to be there and witness the trial."
User avatar
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Posts: 535
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by NeomerArcana » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:29 am

To be clear for my sake, Grigori, Kai, are you proposing to hold a trial yourselves, now?
Locked