On the Trail to Southport

Kai Sylgeiros
Race: Human
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:00 am

Kai looks towards the location of the sound and a little to the right with his longbow ready to shoot at anything that pops out, "whatever it is, its about to have a bad day."
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:52 pm

The group stands in a circle, waiting for whatever it is to approach. Driven by fear, one of the four bandits manages to break free of his bonds and runs off into the swamp, leaping onto a little island, and then another, before being swallowed by the mist. A sudden scream cries out from the direction he fled as the same thumping sound moves with a speed too fast from in front of you to where the bandit ran; there's the sound of water thrashing around and then nothing.

The thumping, like giant footsteps, starts again. Slower this time, the sound of water being parted. It travels away from the road and is soon gone.
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:19 am

"Glad we didn't meet whatever that was, shall we continue on?"
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:51 am

"Yes i dont want to stay in this swamp longer than i have to." He turns to the bandits: "And if you dont want to end up like your friend follow our instructions understood ?"
Kai Sylgeiros
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:39 am

"Whatever that creature is, it might be the reason we are here."
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:42 pm

The group continues on, cautiously, toward Southport. Night seems to fall a little earlier here and a little harder that you're used to, so by the time you arrive, it feels a lot later than it could be. The horses have become more and more skittish as you got closer, but as the large town gates open, they practically dash inside. Even Brown Dog and Bern seem relieved to enter.

You're greeted by a couple guards who were manning the gates and opened it as they saw you arrive.

"Welcome to Southport," says the one evidently in charge. "If you're looking for the docks, just keep down this main road, it'll take you right there. If you're in need of lodging, stop by the Drunken Elf-whore down next to the docks, you'll go right past it. Tell 'em Sveld sent you, I get a copper for each patron I send their ways."