On the Trail to Southport

Arlette Craven
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by Arlette Craven » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:05 pm

Arlette, feeling somewhat invincible after such ease at avoiding the attacks of these enemies as well as disposing of two of them, rushes at the third to kick him off the platform.

Strength check
1d20+2
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:53 pm

Arlette, we'll call this a Bull Rush. First, your enemy gets an attack of opportunity.
1d20-21d8

Whether or not it lands, you still have opposed strength checks.
1d20
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:54 pm

Arlette shoves her attacker and then lands a kick straight into his chest, sending him flying backwards and down to the ground. The fall injures him.
1d6
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:55 pm

He lays prone down below, hurt badly, but not dead.

Everyone else to act and then the bandits.
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:41 pm

Kull seeing an opportunity to capture some of the bandits to gain informations moves to the bandit ,that Arlette just kicked down. He drops the dagger before he trys to knock out the bandit with one of his powerful punches.
Hit dice 1d20+7
Damage dice 1d3+5
Kai Sylgeiros
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:43 am

Kai will move to 13,14 to intervene in case the highway man tries to wake his two companions that ludo put to sleep.
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:18 am

Grigori calmly walks over to (14,15) and turns to face everyone else while raising his axe high over his head, ready to bring it down upon either of the slumbering bandits. He then announces loudly, "Cease your quarrels now! We need not shed more blood, surrender now and we will negotiate terms in which you may live. Have ye any question to my sincerity, know that I speak as an honorable member of the Sword of Pelor!" He pauses before continuing, "Those of you still standing, I ask you consider your allies' lives before answering."

DM do you want a diplomacy or intimidation check? I'll leave a roll for either one.

Diplomacy/intimidation:
1d20-3
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:15 pm

With the words from Grigori Ludo has a quick look around and spots that everyone apart from the man in front of him is on the ground. He looks back at the bandit in front of him, and loads another bolt, "You really want to do this kid? We can always back down from here still. Talk this out. You play nice, we play nice. You're the only one still standing, don't guarantee your death. Custody keeps you alive. Who knows, you might escape."

Diplomacy
1d20+6

He readies his crossbow to see if the man pushes to attack again.

To hit
1d20+3
Damage
1d6
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:47 pm

Kull swiftly knocks the man out.

After hearing the pleas and arguments from everyone, the remaining bandit looks around frantically before throwing his shortsword to the ground and falling to his knees with his hands in the air. "I yield! I yield!" he yells.

The remaining two bandits remain sleeping, though they're starting to wake.

Combat is over guys. You've now got custody of one unconscious bandit (thanks to Kull), one alive and well bandit, and two sleepy bandits. The captain you met before is coming up the hill toward you.

"Please, they'll kill us!" says the bandit. "You work for the church don't you? Mighty Pelor is merciful! The King's justice is brutal, the merchants is even worse. Please! You take us into custody!"
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:06 pm

Grigori turns to address the captain, "We have handled the situation without your aid, as such I see it fair to have say over the fate of the few who still stand. With our order being newly reformed we require manpower to bolster our ranks," Grigori raises his voice before continuing, "Therefore, these ex-bandits' trial shall be their ability to aid us on our current investigation. Should they fail or attempt to betray us they will be turned over to the kingdom's custody. Are these agreeable terms?" He finishes in a tone suggesting he won't take no for an answer.

Grigori then waits patiently for any objections or replies from everyone else around.