On the Trail to Southport

NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: On the Trail to Southport

Post by NeomerArcana » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:04 am

The bandit facing Kai is able to edge his sword into the gap surprisingly adeptly.

Confirming critical roll on the attack of opportunity
1d20
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:05 am

Kai takes a further 5HP of damage, leaving him with only 2HP

Grigori 20HP
Kull 1HP
Kai 2HP
Arlette and Ludo are at full health.
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:19 am

Grigori will loose a downward strike at the bandit in (12,14) whilst holding his shield between himself and the bandit in (11,14).

To hit:
1d20+2

Damage:
1d10+3
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:25 am

Grigori neatly dismembers the bandit, leaving nothing but a dead body where the man once stood.

Kull has an action left. Arlette and Ludo still to make their moves.
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:40 am

Arlette yells to Kull, "SMASH IT DOWN! THE OTHERS NEED US!" She launches at the nearest attacker at 11,18 with her dagger, mindful not to allow herself to be flanked as best she can. She growls at the men, "There are killers among us, get out now while you have a chance"

DM should I do a diplomacy check for convincing the others to flee? Maybe a bluff but my assumption is that she was able to hear Grigori and Ludo yelling at each other, if you think she couldn't have I'll do a bluff check for the statement.

To hit
1d20+3

Damage
1d4+2

Diplomacy check if needed
1d20+4

Bluff check if needed
1d20+7
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:52 am

Arlette forces her blade into the archers side, causing him to cry out and fall down to the bottom floor, dead. The death punctuates her assertion that there are killers in her group, but one of the other archers replies. "Yes, lass, and there's killers among us as well!"
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:23 pm

Recognising the bandit approaching Ludo (at 13,12), he turns and aims his crossbow at him.

"Heya lad. You seem like a nice guy. You don't want to end up like your buddy here do you? Or the one who fell over there right? Do you not recognise us? Have you not heard of the Giant slayers of the North? That's us. And you here that noise from outside? That's the other guards. You've got a choice though. Sure, you may kill me. But then someone here now, or one of those about to block the escape will get you. Or, you turn now, get out whilst you still can, and run north of here. Your call kiddo." Whilst his words are addressed to the man in front of him, he ensures he speaks loud enough for others, if they're paying attention.

Bluff (For the giant slayers of the North comment)
1d20+6

Diplomacy (For the rest)
1d20+6

Ludo also readies his crossbow so that if the man (13,12) does push to attack him, he fires.

If he does attack:
To hit
1d20+3

Damage
1d6
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:44 am

Kull failing to get up the wall decides to either die against a few common bandits or to help his group to survie this grusome fight. He move to 14/10 and attacks the bandit at 14/11 with his dagger again using a power attack.
hit dice 1d20+5
damage dice 1d4+5
While moving in he grunts to Kai and Grigory: I wont let you die like this. But i dont know how long we can keep this up without help. If you want to run i will try to keep your backs free for as long as i can.
Kai Sylgeiros
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:05 am

Kai will use lay on hand on kull for 4 point of hp
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:39 am

Ludo's attempts at convincing the bandits to give up or leave fail. They are trapped and likely surrounded now, if they're caught they will be put to death for their crimes. Their time for escape passed the moment this ruined tower was breached. Seeing that this won't end with words, Ludo fires his crossbow and sends the bandit reeling from the impact, he's not dead, but is gravely injured.

Kull moves forward, into the melee, but is unable to attack this round because he just used half his turn trying to climb the wall. Kai tries to lay his healing hands on Kull, but having already acted this combat turn, he cannot do it yet.

(Guys, pay attention to rounds and what actions are available. This could end badly)

The wounded bandit facing Ludo is first to act, attacking the gnome with all his might.
1d20-11d6-1

The two bandits in melee with Grigori ignore the wounded Kull for the moment and press on with their attack.
1d20+21d6+2
1d20+11d6+1

Likewise, Kai is attacked as well.
1d201d6

Frustrated that they've been unable to injure her so far, the two remaining archers fire at Arlette once more.
1d201d6
1d20-21d8