The Blacksmith

NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

The Blacksmith

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:04 pm

Grigori makes his way to a local blacksmith. He introduces himself to Fernard Browstrong, a human who appears to be about 50 years old. Fernard seems quite happy to talk to a dwarf who seems to know a little something about the trade he loves.

Grigori, while here, you can chat to Fernard, do some basic maintainance on your equipment. You haven't really got enough time (you need at least a week), to try and create anything. But we can shortcut things here and you can try making some simple things like daggers. They'll cost you 1sp per dagger in raw materials, and you'll need to make a weaponsmithing check with a DC of 12.
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Re: The Blacksmith

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:38 pm

"Goodday sir!" Grigori exclaims,"I'm looking to make a few small daggers and improve my technique. I'm sure someone such as yourself could do that."

Grigori will get materials for 5 basic daggers. One to make here, and the rest for later in free time.

For the first dagger
1d20+4

DM I hope I did that correctly.

GP 304 SP 5
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:22 am

(Yes, that roll is right)

Fernard watches as Grigori strikes the hot metal over the anvil. He nods as provides some few notes on technique. Just after the sun has set, Grigori finishes the creation of his new Dagger. It still needs to be sharpened, but it is in any case a serviceable weapon.

Fernard welcomes you to ply your trade at his forge again in the future. He also mentions to you that there is a woman in Orthendine who he has heard is an incredible smithy, and that she could show you a thing or too.

Fernard also talks for a while with you about dwarven mountain homes. He has heard so much about dwarven forges and would love to see them one day.

Add your dagger and extra four pounds of material.
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:08 pm

"Thank you Fernard, I'll be sure to look for the Orthendine smith should I find myself there." Grigori then nods, waves and makes his way back to The Blue Dog to get a nice meal and some rest.