In the quarters of The Sword of Pelor

Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: In the quarters of The Sword of Pelor

Post by Kull » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:09 am

Kull looks suprised but then a small smile flashes over his face. He grabs his axe and responds:I see i was in the wrong. I thought you are just mere thugs but i guess i am wrong. I respect your reasoning but i cant let you pass, but i will grant you a fair fight. Kull grabs his axe and waits for the men to get ready to fight.
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:17 pm

"Kai! Quit eating that bread!" Grigori barks, "First off your supposed to be standing watch. Second, I think there's something going on outside near where Kull was supposed to be. Hey King, what's your order?"
Kai Sylgeiros
Race: Human
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:20 am

"Peter and i are by the king's side if anyone attacks they would have to go through one of us, so whats the problem with having a little snack while we wait?" Kai responds defensively before turning to the king "we await your orders your majesty"
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:19 pm

The king speaks to Kai and Grigori first. "Go, see what it is." The rest of the kings guards move to secure the room.

The king then talks to the two men opposite him. "I take it not everyone is happy we are meeting? Let's continue, we can resolve this amicably."

Kull, the two men size you up and look at your companions. "Forget it," says one in a shakey voice. "It's not worth it." They both then run off.

Soon the sun will be coming up. The king appears to still be negotiating. What will everyone do for now?
Kull

Post by Kull » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:51 pm

Seeing the men fleeing reminds Kull of himself a long time ago. He wants to despise the men as they have lost all honor to him but all he sees is himself doing the same thing. He simply holsters his axe and walks to the warehouse with the words: It doesnt make sense to keep up our disguises if there are more to come they wont fall for it now. If we stay together we can at least take on whatever might come after the king.
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:43 pm

Arlette agrees and follows Kull to the warehouse, "Ludo, are you coming? We could probably use your spirit."
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:43 am

Ludo initially goes to question Kull on whether to end the facade, after all, he felt he'd played the role of a drunk rather well and any other onlookers may have believed it also. However, having heard Arlette agree with Kull, group mentality convinces him its the best idea and he doesn't question it further.

He stands up and brushes the dirt off of his trousers, and then he prepares his fiddle. Playing another of the coded messages, he let's anyone know that there is nothing there, anymore anyway.

"Absolutely! Let us go see if there's another reward for stopping those thugs." And with that, he cheerfully glides behind Arlette and Kull
Kai Sylgeiros
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:49 am

Kai will move to a door and look outside to see what is happening following the kings orders.
Spot check
1d20+1
Listen check
1d20
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:26 am

The king continues his negotiating for some time, speaking of trade deals, protection, extortion, taxes. It's a long and dreary conversation, and you don't envy the king for needing to take so many small details and consider each with the weight of a crown on your head.

Eventually the three men smile and shake hands. It appears they have an agreement. The Kings men will once again patrol the trails. The cost will not come from massive increase in taxes, instead, the Merchants will hire some private groups to additionally patrol to ease the burden on the kingdoms purse. There is still a small increase in taxes, but it is to happen in a years time and is only due to inflation. Everyone seems pleased with the agreement.

The King speaks with you all after the merchants leave. "It appears we've done well tonight. There are others in the guild who are not happy that we are dealing, let alone reached an agreement. It is surprising... why would merchants not want to make money? Something is clearly wrong, there are some powerful men moving peices around this game board... only I don't know what game we're playing.

In any case, I'm in need of people I can trust. I need to get a message to Rivendale, to the council of high-priests there who run their "kingdom". Can you do that?" he holds out a sealed scroll-case. You will be paid on arrival, only you must proceed with all haste, this cannot delay.
Kull

Post by Kull » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:40 am

Kull looks at Arlette knowing she made good choices before. He scratches his chin and asks her: What do you say ? I wouldn't mind the few extra coins but i dont know if this could lead to conflicts with your current mission. He then turns to the King and bluntly asks: How much are we getting paid if we deliver the messsage ?
I wont waste my time delivering some paper if you pay us like common thugs.