In the quarters of The Sword of Pelor

NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: In the quarters of The Sword of Pelor

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:35 am

Kai please make a Fortitude roll.

Ludo, your ability to make your perfect music still sound like the ramblings of a drunk musician is impressive. To the north you now spot a shadowy figure moving along in the shadows of the eaves of one of the warehouses. They look to be alone.

Kull, there are 4 armed men coming around the corner.
Kai Sylgeiros
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:46 am

1d20+5
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:16 am

Kull seeing the 4 armed men quickly comes to the conclusion that if they plan to kill the king wont leave any potential witnesses.

Thinking he wont be able to keep up his fassade he choses to make a quick improvsation. He shakly stands up and uses his axe as a makesift cane in an attempt to look like a drunk worker that barly can stand on his feet.
He then looks at the 4 men rubing his eyes shaking his head then loudly says in a slurred voice: Bloody hell i must have had some of the bad stuff again. last time it was only obe bastard,now theres four of them. Oh pelor have mercy with a fool i swear ill never touch ale in my life just make them go away. He hopes the others will be able notice something is off and will rush to his aid as he will have problems takeing on four men.
disguise check (1d20-3) bluff check(1d20-3)
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:31 am

Kull the four men aren't fooled for a second, or at least they're not taking any chances. They're making moves to surround you.

Grigory and Kai make listen checks to see if you can hear Kull booming out in the night. DCs:
  • Grigory - 10
  • Kai - 11
Arlette and Ludo you definitely hear Kull.
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:31 pm

Ludo, on hearing the noise coming from Kull, begins to hastily make his way over there - though still swaying to act drunk, merely moving as if a drunkard going to cheer on a fight. As he moves past the person he had spotted, he plays his little chord as well, adding the vulgar chorus to mark him out for Arlette - though he suspects she's moving towards Kull too.

On seeing the commotion from Kull, Ludo sways in, acting drunk, and without getting between anyone and keeping some distance, begins to slur his words going, "Now.... Hic! What's going on... Hic! Over here?"

Performance (Acting)
1d20+5

(DM - I noticed on the sheet you prepped, it still listed vocal as my other performance skill, though I definitely put a post in that thread saying I'd switched to acting, before ever posting IC. So, I hope that's alright now that I'm using it)
Kai Sylgeiros
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:51 am

Listen check
1d20+1

If kai hears kull, he will alert everyone in the warehouse before moving to the door from which he hears to commotion from and looking out to see what is going on.

Spot check
1d20+1

If kai does not hear anything he will grab another piece of bread to eat.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:49 am

Kai, roll a second fortitude save (I'm not sure if it's clear, but that food is poisoned).

Ludo, the four men seem a little unsure now. One of them steps forward, "Get out of here if you know what's best for you!" he barks. The three others move to casually surround Kull, trying not to look too obvious to this new witness.

"Move!" he continues on. "Move, or die, fool."
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:09 am

Kull grits his teeth before respoinding in harsh and angry voice: I suggest you drop that attitude of your and leave now while you still can.
intimdation (1d20+1) If this response wont get the men to back off he will attack the closest man, as he sees himself at a big disadvantage and even he wont last long against mutiple trained opponents.
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:01 pm

Ludo, internally beginning to worry and realising they were going to need more help, he had to signal for Arlette quickly, unless she was already near by and hidden? That was possible too, he thought. Still, a signal in case.

He continues his act of acting drunk, and takes a few wobbly steps backwards before falling onto his arse, and laughing, "Hic! There! I moved!"

Continuing his giggling, "I remember... Hic... A song about being a fool, hic!" He then begins to play a song, from the ground, "Hic! Oh a fool I once was..." he continues and adds in the coded chorus for Arlette, hoping she'll get here in time.

Ludo does this despite the acts of Kull, continuing his act in the hopes he can support unobstructed.

Performance: Acting (For the drunkenness)
1d20+5

Performance: String (for the code)
1d20+9
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:38 pm

As soon as Arlette heard Kull she moved towards him, further convinced that they looked like trouble from Ludos code.

She approaches the man who looks to be the largest, attempting to show her bravery and confidence by targeting him whilst trembling inside. In a stern, angry mother voice, she looks him directly in the eyes, her fists on her hips, and growls "You best be on your way, no one with good intentions is out this late at night and if you're not out of my sight soon I will be speaking with your mother!" She waggles her finger furiously at the man.

Bluff check
1d20+7