In the quarters of The Sword of Pelor

NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: In the quarters of The Sword of Pelor

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:55 am

(No rolls needed Grigori)

The king looks to Peter, who slightly nods and takes over the conversation. "Added security it is. The Merchants Guild is expecting the king shortly, across the way a bit, in a nondescript warehouse. I can only take two of you with me, the rest I would ask situate yourselves as near as possible without looking too obvious. I've a good hunch the Merchants will have people around the warehouse as well, so watch them. They shouldn't be hard to spot, there wouldn't be many people out in this part of town at this time of night."

I'll assume you're all okay with joining the kings security detail. Are there any questions or suggestions from the group on how to tackle this situation?
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:35 am

"Only two of us on the inside, eh? Kai, what can you do? I know Arlette would be a good lookout for us," Grigori then looks to Ludo, raises an eyebrow, and continues,"As for you, I have no idea what we should do."
Kai Sylgeiros
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:48 am

"If the merchants hire followers of hextor again it might get dangerous. That being said i should be able to sence their evil presence if i get close enough and we can deal with the followers in advance before the meeting, giving us an advantage if things go south."
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:15 am

Ludo notices the raised eyebrow from Grigori, and shrugs in response, "I mean, I'm not exactly your conventional security that's for sure. Perhaps I come in as the King's personal bard for his journey? That would be a great honour for myself. Or, if that is too inappropriate, though I don't see how, surely a King is entitled to have his own personal entertainment with him at all times... " Ludo begins to ramble, but then gets himself back on track, "Sorry, otherwise, I can stumble around the outside and act drunk. Shouldn't be too hard, I have rather a lot of experience there..." He tells them all unashamedly.

"As for what I can do, I prefer to consider myself the supporting act. Do not get me wrong, I can point my crossbow and shoot, but, I am not a soldier. I use my magic to bolster you all. To push you all to great heights, to make you all true heroes!" He gestures widely to add emphasis to the bravado, before adding, "And then I write a song about it all and tell tales of your heroism."
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:20 pm

Peter breaks his usual stoney expression at hearing of Kai's abilities. "A warrior of the gods?! You will come with us to the meeting, to signal the intent and demeanor of those we meet." He then turns to Kull and Grigori before continuing. "Some additional muscle would be most welcome..." he says, without asking one of you to volunteer.
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:28 pm

Arlette nods at Grigori's suggestion of her playing lookout, "there are places to hide, even in plain sight that not all of you will be adept at," she looks the kings men up and down, "and I think we can be guaranteed that some kind of evil will present again."

She turns to the King, "Why are you going to see the Merchants guild if some of their members were behind this attack on you? What is worth the risk that they will attack you again?"
Kai Sylgeiros
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:03 am

A little confused by peter's words kai responds, "i do not currently follow any god, my only desire is to lead an honorable life of adventure and fighting for whats right. Seeing the events today im lead to believe that the merchants guild has been corrupted, either a few individuals or the whole guild. I will help you today and any day that is need to fight the corruption withing the merchants guild." Adding sheepishly, "i will need to go to the inn im staying at to retrieve my gear, none or my gear is in this tavern."
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:21 am

Kull thinks for a while. He then starts to add his thougthts and ideas. I would say i stay hidden and will only come out if help is needed. As a orcish guard might seem a bit wierd and i probably have drawn my fair share of attention here already. Also i hope you intend to pay us for the quite possible risk of injuries or even death. If you have better ideas feel free to tell them.
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:42 am

Ludo looks between the group all making decisions towards the plan, as Arlette asks her questions - a concern in which Ludo agrees, he quietly states, "Guess I'm going with the drunk musician option. Unless someone says they want me to come with them..."
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:11 am

Arlette pats Ludo on the shoulder, "don't worry, you'll make the best, sneakiest, drunkest musician, you can even sing code words to us, though we should agree what that code is beforehand! And who knows, some may throw you extra coins to get you to be quiet." She laughs, remembering a drunk bard that used to frequent her town, no matter how much money you'd give him to shut up, he would simply keep going. She suddenly suspected it had all been a ruse.