In the quarters of The Sword of Pelor

NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: In the quarters of The Sword of Pelor

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:42 pm

Kull, the men practically laugh at your attempt to intimidate them.

Following rolls are to see if any of these four soldiers are not fooled by Ludo's acting (I'm considering it like a bluff check for the purposes you're using it for).
1d20-1
1d20-1
1d20-1
1d20-1
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:46 pm

Ludo manages to remain convicing enough that these men can't tell that he's not really a silly drunk fool in the way.

This roll is to see if the big guy is convinced that not only does Arlette know who he is, but knows his mother, and that his mother would chastise him for doing what he's doing.
1d20-1
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:48 pm

The big guy falters. "No don't tell her, please! I'll get all sorts of strife from her belt if you do. Look, boys, the money on this one isn't worth this, I gotta live with that woman. If she knows what I'm doing at night I'll never hear the end of it. Christ, she'd be dragging me to church every day."

With that, he sheathes his sword and turns and walks away, muttering to himself the whole time. The remaining three men seem a little less sure of themselves now that the biggest guy has left.
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:52 pm

Arlette, a little shocked that it worked, turns to the others, finger still extended, hand still firmly planted on her hip, looks at each of the remaining 3 men in turn "the same goes for the rest of you, I may not know your mothers but it will not take me long to find out who they are."

Bluff check
1d20+7
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:56 pm

Sense Motive checks for the last three guys (each is getting a +5, last guy got a +10, but this second bluff is a little easier to believe because it convinced the last one).
1d20+4
1d20+4
1d20+4
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:58 pm

The three men argue for a little bit, trying to reassure themselves and each other that this little woman isn't even from around here, and is the wrong age to even know their mothers. One of them points out that his mother is dead. It takes only a moment, but one of the men follows the big guy, sure that it's not worth what his mother would think of him if she knew he was a sell-sword being hired to kill innocent people.

Still, two men remain, even more unsure of themselves now that they're outnumbered. But they grit their teeth anyway. "Move aside you bleeding idiots," says one. "We don't need to kill you, but we will to get through to the king."
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:53 am

Kull relaxes a bit as Arlette and Ludo arrives. He looks a bit confused that such people would even attempt to kill the king. He decides that the two remaining men are just common thugs who most likely never fought against armed and trained opponents. He moves his hand to his purse and asks: Tell me how much are you getting paid for this? There must be a way we can solve this without blood being spilled.
Kai Sylgeiros
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:16 am

Fortitude check
1d20+5

DM since kai didnt feel any thing off when eating the bread i didnt think he would see a problem with getting another piece especially after not feeling and evil presence from the 2 merchants.
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:19 pm

Ludo is glad to see Arlette appear, and the way in which she convinced two of them to disappear, with solely the right words, it made him proud. He hardly knew her of course, but that was an excellent move.

He watches Kull begin to attempt to pay these men off, but why should he? These men do not deserve money, and they clearly aren't that experienced being afraid of their mothers.

Ludo hatches a quick little idea though, continuing his drunken ruse, "The King is... Hic! Here?!" He says to them, and begins to get to his feet, "Then we must celebrate his arrival! Hic!"

And so he begins to play his fiddle loudly and singing, "Oh your highness! My king! Come out and play! These men wish to beat you and say hello! The others went to get their mothers!" He laughs at his own words. His singing is terrible, the words do not even rhyme, but the drunk man doesn't need that illusion.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:34 am

Kai and Grigori you can hear the commotion outside now.

Kull the two remaining men stop their movements and look at each other. They are very unsure of themselves. To kill a king, they're not paying us. We owe favours.