In the quarters of The Sword of Pelor

Arlette Craven
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: In the quarters of The Sword of Pelor

Post by Arlette Craven » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:42 am

"Grigori is it normal for a human to carry such a thing? I've not seen one before."
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:55 am

"I can't say I've ever seen a human with one, though I can say I've never really bothered to check if they had one. If any of the vic... er, um, security threats had such a stone it would have been confiscated or destroyed along with other suspicious items."
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:06 am

Arlette, we can safely say that Kull and Grigori have told you about the items. Kull wouldn't know what the item is, other than a dagger, but he does tell you what the writing means.

I haven't seen anything from Fenner in a while, so I think we can say that he would suspect these are magical items; but that he'd need to be in possession of them to try and cast his Identify spell. He can't give any additional info on the coin and ring, not without an Identify spell.

The evening is starting to wind up now at The Blue Dog. Arlette, you've learned from Falias that the woman is staying here the night. The Inn is quite full tonight, a travelling group has taken the largest room Falias has; that woman has her own small room; and yourselves have another room together (however it's one bed short, so someone will need to stay awake or sleep on the floor).

What's is everyone going to do now?
Grigori Steelbrow

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:26 am

Grigori heads to the party's room(assuming he's not already there) and -using his shield, cold weather clothing, and pack- creates a makeshift bed.

DM would it be possible to see a map of the room for accurate placement?
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:10 am

Kull takes whatever he gets. it doesnt really matter to him if has to sleep on the ground as long he has his bed roll. He also offers to stand guard in the night.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:07 am

Here's the first and second floors of The Blue Dog. You guys are in the leftmost/first long room.
The Blue Dog_Floor 1.PNG
The Blue Dog_Floor 2.PNG
Grigori Steelbrow

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:21 am

Grigori will set up along the wall, perpendicular to the first bed with his feet toward the door.
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:16 pm

Arlette asks Falias if he knows anything else about the woman, the two uneasy men, and the fat greedy merchant. She than asks that he let her know if they do anything suspicious or out of character, or if they have asked any questions of him and what they want to know. She then follows Grigori and Kull to the room.

Behind the closed door she voices her concerns to them both, "Friends, I think trouble is happening here tonight. I believe that woman is possibly a cult member, a bag full of magic items? That's not usual for a single female traveller. A woman travelling on her own is a little unusual, anyone travelling alone these days isn't safe, but a cult member would not fear it." She looks from one to the other. "And there's more; did either of you spot the two gentlemen downstairs who didn't look at ease despite being in a tavern with graciously flowing ale? I have it on good authority that the King is in this city tonight, and I believe those two gentlemen are part of his guard and that the King is actually in this tavern staying at the end of the hall. What if that woman is a cult member and is here to do harm to the King? I could get her bag so she was at least unarmed, or we could approach those men and tell them what we know, however they may not believe us and arrest us on the spot for fear we unmask their secrecy. What should we do?"
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:17 pm

Kull looks a bit confused then awnswers: Her equipment was wierd i agree but its nothing special if you look at other adventurer. Chalk for marking your route ,lamps to see, a dagger to fight and a healing stone to fix up wounds. We could interogate her, after all we are paid to find and get rid of cultists without needing help from officals.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:39 am

Arlette, Falias confides in you that he thought nothing much of the woman. Unusual to travel alone, he agrees. Unfortunately she was not very talkative so he doesn't know anything about who she is or where she's going or coming from. The two men in the tavern he identifies as two of the men from the large group that are staying tonight. He remarks that they looked rather well off, which he though unusual considering the expense of some of the equipment they had... he suspects that they may be some of the passing soldiers from earlier today that have been given leave, but he's a little uneasy around them so hasn't asked any questions.

The Merchant is a money-lender by the name of "Siril Clanderstane". He lives and works here in Lavender, he is a prominent member of The Merchants Guild and is a good spender, so Falias asks you to leave him alone.