In the quarters of The Sword of Pelor

Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: In the quarters of The Sword of Pelor

Post by Kull » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:54 am

Kull glares at the man and responds in a sharp tone: Brave words for a man who couldnt even protect the king from two men. He then puts his axe away and waits with crossed arms for the rest of the party to finish.
Kai Sylgeiros
Race: Human
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:48 am

Kai looks at the three dead men on the ground. "I do not wish to offend his majesty or his guards, but if the two assailants could kill three of the guards with six attacking. I dare not think of the outcome if you all fought by yourselves."
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:32 am

Ludo realises that his discussion of their good intentions isn't getting the group anywhere, and that's when it dawns on Ludo that he's already referring to them as a collective group. He'd only just met this people, yet here he was arguing on their behalf too? He chalks it up to, these people are clearly going to be seeing some action, and that's something he wants to be a part of. Not necessarily the getting hurt part, but seeing it and having stories to tell. That's what Ludo wants. Not the wisest decision, but then again, who would describe Ludo as wise? Hearing Arlette mention the Sword of Pelor, Ludo tries to think if he recognises that name and any information about it.

Ludo uses his Bardic Knowledge to see if he's heard anything on his travels.
1d20+6

Snapping his attention back to the situation at hand, he tries a different approach with this Peter fellow.

"Look Peter, you're a good guy, I can see that. But just remember, a matter of moments ago, your swords weren't penetrating that magic users aura or whatever you want to call it, and only my words and bollocks scared the other guy, no one really tried to hit him, so, what if he's got the same shit going on. And then, we've left him alone with one guard and his Majesty. We're blatantly not going anywhere, we're seeing our mission through..." our being a bit of a lie, Ludo has no clue what is going on with this mission precisely, but it works right now, "So, perhaps, we all go make sure no one is being attacked in there? You're here to protect his Majesty right, you wouldn't want the reason he got attacked to be you stayed out here with us right?"

He ensures he says this in a non-intimating manner, he doesn't want the intention to be misunderstood.
Bluff/Diplomacy (whichever feels more appropriate here, its the same bonus regardless)
1d20+5
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:06 am

Peter listens to Ludo for a moment. He frowns in thought then calls out behind him. "What of these people, sire? They know of your presence."

In response the king strides into the hall and summons everyone. "Come in here, now," he says before striding back into his quarters without waiting to see if he's followed.

Peter beckons you all to follow and leads the short way down the corridor. Grigori having heard the commanding summons of a king comes back out to follow as well. The room is crowded with everyone in here. In the centre of the room sits the one-eyed man in a chair. He seems relatively unharmed though he wears a face of fear. One of the guards is leaning down to his ear from behind and speaking softly, too quietly for any of you to hear, and when he's finished to raise himself and nod to the group, the one-eyed man is in absolute terror. Whatever has been said to him has shocked him to his core.

"Well thank you," begins the king. "Two of my men are down, and clearly someone has revealed where I am," he looks to his guards questioningly. "In any case, you all know I'm here, so i've two questions. Firstly, how did you know I was here?"

Behind you, Peter closes the door and remains standing in front of it.

(Grigori, sorry for railroading you a little there, I didn't want to complicate things too much with you in a different spot)
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:16 am

Ludo looks puzzled at the King, but he knows his manners and bows before his highness, before responding to his initial question,
"Your Majesty, I believe you ask the wrong question, we did not know you were here. Are you not here for the same reason as we are? Falias' ale is legendary in these parts. The finest red ale available."

Bluff
1d20+5
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:33 am

Kull arkwardly shuffels behind the others since he is not a big talker and its better to not draw a lot of attention to his person.
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:01 am

"Forgive my musical friend, he has not been completely informed." Arlette motions to Ludo before continuing.

"Some of us knew more than others. You may have thought you moved secretly and perhaps to the majority you did, but we have travelled and seen many things, including this cult." She pauses and turns towards the guards, "your men, they stand out, especially in a tavern such as this, not drinking as the others but handsomely paying the entertainment, always watching. Your ship came through today and whilst many would have assumed you travelled with it down river it would make sense to engage in some alternative options for extra security. The rumours amongst the right ears, a tavern with a large party of what look to be noble looking fighting men, a ruckus and your own men yelling the King! as we sat downstairs - there are many things that on their own perhaps would be overlooked, but together gave away your position, clearly to more than just us."
Kai Sylgeiros
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:43 pm

Impressed with arlette's words kai simply stands to the side intent to let arlette speak for him, as she appears to have the most information.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:54 pm

"I see," says the king. "So the theives know I'm here..."

He thinks for a minute and then turns to the one-eyed man. "And you. What guild are you of?"

When the man doesn't respond immediately, the guard behind him roughly lifts him and tears at his sleeve, revealing an arm. "He's not marked, your majesty." the guard responds.

"No, not marked," thinks the king momentarily. "So then tell me. What guild paid you? You are a good fighter, we would pay you more to protect me than to act against me."

The man thinks before responding. "To kill a king is a handsome amount... your majesty," he says. "I was to be paid ten thousand gold peices, though I suspect the other one would've tried to kill me to double it. In any case, I'dve killed him to make it twenty thousand. I don't know for sure who was paying... but I believe it to be the merchants. Ah, that is, the merchants guild your majesty. Only they could afford such a price."

The king listens before turning back to your group. "You cannot leave. Not until morning. I've a meeting with the Merchants Guild in a couple of hours. After which you'll be free to go. I can't risk you running around town telling everyone that I'm here. You understand of course."
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:04 pm

Hearing the mention of the merchants guild, Grigori pipes up and, almost shouting, says,"HAH! I knew those slimey bastards were no good!" Realizing what his outburst may suggest, he composes himself and continues, "Perhaps we could attend with you as added security, your majesty."

DM do you need any rolls here?