In the quarters of The Sword of Pelor

Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: In the quarters of The Sword of Pelor

Post by Kull » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:37 am

Kull wipes of the dagger on the clothes of the now dead mage. He stands up and responds to Kai: thanks for bringing me my axe. If you want i can teach you a few thing about using one. He puts the gold coins away and then walks over to the dead mages body and begins to search it (search check 1d20-2 ) he notices Arletts action and get ready to get into another fight if she gets in trouble.
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:44 am

Grigori, now rather tired, announces his intent to return to the party's room and begins setting up his "bed" once again.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:08 am

Ludo you don't recognise the king, but based on how certain everyone else is, you have a suspicion that he is, in fact, the king.

Kull, all he seems to have on him is a signet ring with the same cult of hextor sign that you've seen before from the original cultists, and his spell component pouch. There's a further bag of 12gp and a scroll of vellum tucked away in a pocket.

Arlette while trying to get past the guard, he manages to grab the back of your shirt and roughly pull you back to where you were. "Now now, lass," he says in a suddenly menacing tone. "We've done well here up to now. Don't push your luck."

"But how did you know the king was here," he adds, hand moving back to his sword. "Why were you here this night?"

His stance is combat ready, though to an untrained eye you wouldn't be able to tell. There is a clear threat in his tone, his eyes take in everything in front of him, including the sleepy, uninterested dwarf who just left the hallway.
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:43 am

DM I'll provide a roll just in case, but does Grigori hear the commotion in the hallway from the party's room?

Listen:
1d20-3
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:04 am

Ludo isn't entirely sure, but given how the others have reacted and what's being said, he's pretty sure the man who left the room was in fact the King. He thought he recognised him, just he didn't get a good enough look being on the other side of the hallway - that's what he puts his doubts down to.

The way the man restrains Arlette, Ludo steps forward, "Whoa there fella. You do have a name right? You didn't introduce yourself downstairs at all. And you know I'm Ludo already, and these fine people can introduce themselves accordingly. Now, if we wanted to harm his Majesty, wouldn't the logical time have been to do it during that commotion? What you guys are doing here was your own business, but, we're involved now. We just want to help. Hell, you heard me play downstairs, who knows, anything from here on out could influence my next musical piece, and what better way to immortalise someone, from the knights and guards, to the King himself, than through the medium of music? And these lovely fellows sure know how to pack a punch. We're on your side fella."

Diplomacy:
1d20+5

Whilst he tries to persuade this guard that this group could be of help to them, his curiosity gets the better of him, and taking another step forward - but not past the guard himself, he tries to listen to what's going on in the room they all went into.

Listen:
1d20+2
Kai Sylgeiros
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:05 am

"With orc blood in your veins, i would welcome learning a thing or to from you. Any idea who this person is or his motive? " Kai responds to kull. Kai doesnt seam to be worried about the guards actions the king is in the building after all.
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:00 pm

Arlette yells past the guard to the King "You are not as stealthy as you believe, your men stood out in the tavern below. We're here on our way to search out members of the cult I believe just now attempted to kill you. We are members of the Sword of Pelor, appointed by Father Klavin of Kalindar."

She looks back at the guard, "We're on your side." She huffs, in a grumpy tone, straightening out her clothes.
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:54 pm

Kull face becomes blank before respoding to Kai: Orc blood often brings more trouble than it helps you friend. Also i think those men are also followers of Hextor, wierd i thought they were only a few rich men which tried to make some wierd ritual and not a organisation big enough to attack the king.
Kull shouts out to the others: After your done with your chat with the king we need to have a talk with our new friend it seems we have met their kind before.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:54 pm

Grigori, no need for a check, you can hear what's going on.

Ludo, all you can hear is some muffled voices from the other room.

After Arlette shouts out to the king, and after Kull makes mention of the Cult of Hextor, Ludo begins trying to convince this man of the groups good intentions.

Opposed Diplomacy Check (Ludo, I'm giving you a +4 bonus due to the guard hearing that there's members of the Sword and that you've run into the cult before)

1d20-1
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:58 pm

The guard stands firm. "My name is Peter Swordsong. The king here has no love of the church, and we hardly need your help. Now, back down," he says, in an even more threatening voice than before. "We appreciate the help. But we ask now that you leave and not speak of this. The king's safety must be your paramount concern."

He turns now and looks at Kull for a moment before continuing. "You will keep it quiet, won't you?"