In the quarters of The Sword of Pelor

NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: In the quarters of The Sword of Pelor

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:49 pm

Updated map with Grigori back in the room getting his shield.
Attachments
The Blue Dog_Floor 2-r1.png
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:17 pm

Arlette attempts to rip her snake in half.

DM please adjust roll as necessary, not sure what check would be required here.

Opposed grapple check to tear it in half
1d20 -2

If this is successful she will move to J15 to give Kull a flanking bonus and so the king can move away from the second snake.
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:36 pm

Kull gets the feeling he will have to end this fight soon or the sitouation might turn into a bad direction. Seeing how the others have problems penetrating the mages shield Kull doesnt even consider kocking him out but stabs with the dagger that has some sort of magical propertys to it, in the hope he might penetrate the mages barrier. hit roll 1d20+7 dmg roll 1d4+7
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:54 am

Kull, and others Just wanted to check you remember the +1 bonus to attack and dmg from Bardic music. Still got this round and 3 more of its bonus.

Ludo, having watched this cloaked figure use magic to conjure two snakes, begins to wonder whether he'd seen or heard anyone matching this description or his signature spells, on his travels.

Ludo uses Bardic Knowledge
1d20+6

If does remember any information about this figure, he's going to call out to him some of that information, whether his name, to ask him how a town he'd been sighted in was, or a similar tactic (anything that hints he knows more about this person than he may or may not), in order to distract him, whilst hinting that if he knows this information, the people here and the knights downstairs will track him down in time if he doesn't surrender here.

DMI'm not sure if it's necessary, or even the appropriate action, but I've added another Bluff roll below for that last part of the action. If it's not the right roll, can you adjust or roll the appropriate thing?
Bluff
1d20+5
Kai Sylgeiros
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:49 am

Kai will move to i14 if the kings guard is friendly and use smite evil on the cloacked guy with kull's axe.
Attack roll
1d20+5

DM im not sure if i have proficiency with kull's axe of not or what the attack bonus is for kull's axe so i just used my base attack bonus with my charisma bonus if the cloacked guy is evil if he is not the roll is -2. I also dont know the damage roll for the axe.
Kai Sylgeiros

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:50 am

If the kings guard is not friendly kai will move to i12 and stay there
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:23 am

Arlette pulls with all her strength but is unable to pull the snake apart.

Kull's blade penetrades the mage's shield. He faces away from Kull after his last spell. Kull's blade kills him.

Battle is over, Arlette easily uses her dagger and repeatedly swings at the snake until it dies. The two guards near the king pick up and drag the one-eyed man down the hall into their room. The king gives a short bow before following them silently, a troubled look is clear on his face.

The last guard, one of the two men from downstairs remains. He moves so as to block the hall, but not in a threatening way. "Thank you all," he says. "You've done a great service for us travellers. Tell me, bravery such as yours should be rewarded. 10gp for each of you courageous fellows!"
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:52 am

DMDoes Ludo recognise the man as the King, or, do I need do a Knowledge History check? If so, here's my roll:
1d20+7

Ludo smiles and bows before the man, and pockets the gold, "That gold is an awfully kind gesture. You're awfully generous. However, as nice as that gesture is, we did just face death right there. I believe a few answers are in order? Such as, who just tried to take our lives. And look, I convinced the man to step down before, and my good friend here..." gesturing to Kull, "...took down the magic user. I don't mean to be rude at all, I'm sure you could have stopped them without us, but, I'm also sure you'd agree that a little bit more help with whatever in the realms is going on here, would be beneficial for all?"
Kai Sylgeiros

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:59 pm

Speculating that the man that just bowed was the king as kai remembered the battle cry "for the king" that was heard before the battle started, kai bows deeply. Before accepting the gold and turning and offeeing kull his axe. "You have a nice weapon, sadly it didnt taste battle here today." Excitment can me heard in kai's voice as he never imagined he would meet the king.
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:45 pm

Arlette knows this is the King, she attempts to tumble past the guard to race after the King.

"You need us, Your Majesty," she yells to him, "your men may be good but we were better."

Tumble check
1d20+7

DM Arlette "knows" based on all the information she has gathered previously, she's certain he is the King though of course has no confirmation.