In the quarters of The Sword of Pelor

NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: In the quarters of The Sword of Pelor

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:40 am

Janice responds. "Two of my friends were taken from our village by a sorceror of some kind. I have tracked my friends this far, but here I have been for some days and cannot find any further clue to what happened to them. All I know is that a merchant named Landowe was involved, and the church has something to do with it, but they won't give me any information. I know enough about your lands not to cross the Merchants Guild. I am at a loss."

Kull you likewise detect nothing but open honesty.

Ludo, Falias introduces himself with a hearty smile. "I would love for you to play, master. Eh... I've not more room in the Inn tonight I'm afraid. You can sleep down here on the floor after we're closed if you like. We could use a bit of music and frivolty tonight." He then turns and carries a tray of drinks to an eclectic table of travellers, two women talking earnestly, a large half-orc listening intently, an old man who sits silently and a dwarf. A bird sits on the old mans back and a dog rests under the table.

Kai it takes almost no effort for you to spot the same group of travellers. Your keen eyes also pick up the gnome by the bar with what looks to be an instrument, perhaps there will be music tonight? As you walk around the bar chatting to the people around you learn a little bit of info in short time:
  • The king passed through town earlier today
  • The owner here is named Falias
  • The Trails are still not safe, and getting worse
  • People are starting to turn opinion against the Merchants Guild, even a few merchants themselves have spoken publicly about the actions of the Guild, which is extremely unusual and could be indicative of a schism forming.
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:08 am

Arlette looks to Kull, the last remaining member of their original party hired by Landowe. She looks across the faces of Fenner and Grigori before returning to Janice, "Do you know why they were taken, why they were chosen? Have you had any troubles with cults in your lands? What do you do when you aren't travelling? I ask as we have been tasked to seek out the members of a cult that has become active here, I think we may be able to help you."

DM spot check for Arlette to see if she noticed the new arrivals, or if Falias tells her about them when he brings drinks.

Spot check
1d20+5

If no-one else has questions or worries concerning Janice, Arlette will tell her what they know, that they saved the two people from sacrifice and stopped the ritual, but that the church couldn't help them so they have taken them to others for help with some hired guards, at least as far as she's aware.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:48 am

Arlette you see both new arrivals but you don't notice anything particular about them.

Janice's face lights up with the news. "That must be them! They have gone to Rivendale? The church wouldn't tell me anything. Do you know how I might be able to speak to someone at the church who knows something? Thank you! This is good news indeed. Tell me, did they look well, I know they are under a spell, but are they okay?"

She also mentions that they don't have a very organised religion like these lands do. They have many cults, enclaves and temples scattered all throughout their lands. Evil gods are worshipped there as well as here, in secret and in the shadows.
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:36 am

"Arlette, perhaps if she wishes to know more we could send her to Father Klavin back in Kalindar. Though with the roads being as they are, I'd ask that Janice join us and she can meet with him when we return."
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:40 am

"As I said, a chair to sleep on is perfect for me, so thank you! And music and frivelity is my speciality." He tells the innkeeper as he moves off with some drinks. And with that, Dobbie spins around, and prepares his fiddle. As he draws it up to position, he calls to everyone, "Good evening all, I am your entertainment for the evening, Ludo! I hope you enjoy the music."

1d20+9

As he plays, he steps around the room slowly, staying away from tight gaps and ensuring he remains in space he can play in.
Kai Sylgeiros
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:35 am

Kai is fascinated never before had he witnessed an impromptu performance before. While enjoying the music kai makes his way across the room mingling with the patrons. Seeing that the group with the half-orc surrounding the two women kai stands nearby.
Listen
1d20+1
Sence motive
1d20+7
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:29 pm

Ludo your performance is amazing, the patrons are surprised that a talent such as yours would grace their presence. At this point you notice two men, dressed well but made to be travellers, appear to admire and appreciate the finer points of your music more than others.

Kai, you easily overhear the conversation that's taking place. You hear nothing but earnestness and truth from the two women.

Arlette, Kull, Fenner, and Grigori all may roll spot checks to see if you notice Kai listening in. DC 12 to spot him.
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:42 pm

As Ludo finishes up the piece, he ends to applause from the crowd. He'd impressed himself, he wasn't sure if his hands had been warm enough to immediately go into playing, but the energy of the room just felt ripe for the taking to his mind. At least, that's the nonsense he was telling himself.

Still, he gives a quick little bow and a laugh before saying to the patrons, "Thank you. Thank you. I'm here all night. Though presently without a drink, if you catch my drift. Any tips would be hugely appreciated!" Ludo says rather confidently, although he isn't too fussed as to what appears, he has somewhere to keep warm for the night. That's the most important thing.

He did however notice a couple men appear to watch him rather carefully and enjoy the piece. Ludo opts to approach them as if old friends, "Fellas! How'd I do?"
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:15 pm

Ludo, the two men seem to take your attention in their stride, though you notice that one of them quickly glances around the room while the other responds. "We are well, bard. Please, continue playing, you are quite gifted."

With that he passes you some silver coins.1d10

You get the sense that they don't want to be bothered. The slight shoulder they give you, the way they turn back to each other tells you this.
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:20 pm

Spot check:
1d20-3