Finding the Cult

The first of many adventures to come
Arlette Craven
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by Arlette Craven » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:03 pm

Arlette, suspicious as always, perhaps because she's a thief and isn't sure she trusts herself sometimes, looks over the half-orc and searches around the graves.

"Spruster, who is Martha, and why does she come every day?"

DM Arlette will search for any signs of tracks, disturbances that are not from the grave robbing, any items left behind etc.
Search check
1d20+6

Sense motive check
1d20+7
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:52 am

Kull looks at arlette and sees her searching for cluse. as he himself is not that profficient in finding things or asking the right questions he quietly stands aside and pokes the dug out dirt out of boredoom. He also observes the half orc with some interest but doesnt engages in a conservation as he thinks this would in aprocreate and might disturb the others.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:09 am

Arlette, we'll Take 20 on the Search check as there's no time constraints. You find some cart tracks, leading to the north-east, toward the mountains, where they stop at the gates to the graveyard. Here you see some foot prints, heading away again toward the north-east. You'd be hard-pressed tracking further, your skills aren't that good.

Kull, while kicking at the dirt you uncovered a scrap of parchment. Drawn on it is what appears to be a map of the immediate area, with these two graves circled. An arrow leads away toward the mountains where the map shows a stylized outcropping of rock showing three distinct looking peaks.

Arlette you're unable to detect any ulterior motives from the half-orc gravekeeper.
Fenner Bates
Class: 1st-lvl Transmuter

Post by Fenner Bates » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:25 am

"You know some of my acquaintances at university would find that rock formation exceptionally interesting... " Fenner says as he leans into the map Kull is holding for a better look "In fact I seem to remember..."

Knowledge (Nature) check to see if I can remember where formations like that one might happen, Near river, loose or sturdy rock etc. to give us more to go on than a general direction:
1d20+6
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:13 am

Fenner you can't seem to recall much on your studies of geology at the moment. It is a very distinct outcropping, though the map is obviously stylised and not to scale, once you see the formation it should be very hard to miss.
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:12 pm

Kull looks over at fenner who has clearly more knowledge reading about cards than him. He waves his arm and signals to the rest of the party to look at it too.
This might be interisting for you too. i thing we have a lead so lets try to get a move on.
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:41 am

Grigori abides Kull's summons and takes a look at the map. "Hmmm, I don't think I'll be much help but I'll give it a look anyway."

Knowledge (untrained)
1d20+0
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:11 am

Grigori as a dwarf, your stonecunning ability allows you to confirm that this is indeed an unusual outcropping, and once you get close to the mountains rocks, you're somewhat confident that you would get a general sense from the rock formations of where you might find this outcropping.

Is the party ready to continue toward the cult?
Fenner Bates
Class: 1st-lvl Transmuter

Post by Fenner Bates » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:35 am

"Well no time like the present to put an end to nefarious activities." Fenner is ready to move out.
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:15 am

"Aye, I'll check my pack and then we can go." Grigori is ready to move.