Finding the Cult

The first of many adventures to come
Arlette Craven
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by Arlette Craven » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:57 pm

Arlette moves with her torch to look down the tunnel covered in webs briefly before returning to the others, curious to see if there are any clues as to who made these tunnels or perhaps what lay ahead of them.

Listen check
1d20+6

Spot check
1d20+5

Move silently check
1d20+6
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:57 am

Grigori proceeds shortly behind Kull hoping that if he does arouse suspicion Kull would not be caught as well.

Move Silently
1d20-2
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:37 am

As Kull and Grigori round the corner, they see stronger light ahead. The tunnel now forks, to the right the tunnel angles slightly downward and disappears around a corner. To the left is what appears to be another cavernous opening, larger than the one you passed through before, there is bright fire light emenating from the ceiling. Inside there are robed figures, three can be seen, who are all facing the centre of the cavern, facing some sort of alter. Here, Kull recognises the coffins/crates that the bodies they were originally transporting were in. A large skeleton of some unknown beast lays near the alter as well. Chanting can be heard.
Attachments
Cult Cave.PNG
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:05 am

Kull turns around and and motions with a hand over his mouth to be quiet. He then prooceds to whisper : I think we found them and our cargo. they are only three. We should rush in and use the surprise to finish them off quickly, they might be not the only ones here. He then readys himself to rush at the unsusspecting cultists as he has done many times before.
(if there are no doubts or plans of party members kull will rush at the cultists and try force them into melee combat. if there are any unplanned threats he will focus them first if they seem more dangerous.
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:15 am

"Wait a moment," Grigori whispers,"we should verify they are the only three there and confirm there are no traps."

Spot check
1d20-3
Fenner Bates
Class: 1st-lvl Transmuter

Post by Fenner Bates » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:45 am

Fenner practices the motions for one of his spells knowing that a fight might break out soon.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:34 pm

Arlette I missed your earlier post. While listening intently you don't hear a sound apart from a very very quiet trickle of water. However, the heat from your torch briefly touches the webs and your keen eyes spot a vibration along one of the webs; yet still you hear and see nothing in the darkness.

Grigori you can't see anything else, the view is obstructed from this position.

Fenner I'm more than happy for you to have a sort of readied action of a spell (so you get first action with it during any surprise round up ahead), but only for a short period (i.e. you can't keep that spell ready for too long) and so long as you name the spell you're readying now.
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:41 pm

Arlette comes up behind the others. Seeing Kull and Grigori whispering to each other bathed in light from the tunnel next to them she pauses, puts her torch to the ground and loads her crossbow; she can't hear what they said to one-another.

"Stay close," she whispers to Fera and Fenner, "I'm not sure what the plan is but if Kull is involved we're going to be rushing something. Fera, keep a close eye behind us, we don't want anything sneaking up and trapping us, this already feels much like a giant trap to me."
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:05 pm

Everyone as per Kull's last post, because no one has voiced doubts or given Kull any reason to stop, Kull is going to start combat (Grigori did raise concerns, but looked, and couldn't see anything else). This means you guys have a surprise round, please post your actions. Kull will get first action, after that it's the order that you post in.

Arlette and Fenner (Fera too) are at 10:04 (horizontal:vertical). Grigori you are at 12:04 with Kull.

Kull, as the combat initiator and the great fighter that you are, I suggest you run in with a warcry.
Attachments
Cult Cave.PNG
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:17 am

Kull throws a quick look over his shoulder then tightens the grip around his axe. He rushes at the second cultist guessing that the drawf with his shorter leags wont reach him. While charging at the cultist like a warhorse he shouts a orkish warcry that announces destruktion and chaos for anyone standing in his way.
(intimidation check 1d20+1 if he can reach the cultist he will try to attack the cultist by swinging his axe over his head and striking downwards (hit check (?)1d20+6 damage check (not sure what dmg my axe does)