Finding the Cult

The first of many adventures to come
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:19 am

Grigori starts down the tunnel first with his shield raised keeping a careful watch for anything that may be hiding.

Spot check
1d20-3
Fenner Bates
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Transmuter

Post by Fenner Bates » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:19 am

Fenner waits to move second to last or last in line. Ready to cast light if it gets too dark to see.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:42 am

Okay; the party order is as follows:
  • Grigori
  • Kull
  • Arlette
  • Fenner
  • Fera
(I'm not at home to update the map, so you'll have to believe me on this)

As the party continues down the narrow cave, the webs and detritus begins to grow thicker. Soon, Grigori is pushing past a few cobwebs that span the narrow corridor. The cave is completely dark, the party taking the same precautions as before, leaving Kull and Grigori a little way ahead, and those who need torch-light a little further back.

Grigori and Kull round a bend to see ahead of them, what is a very obvious nest of some kind. High on the wall is a crevice through which some small amount of natural light can be seen, though considering it is now dark outside, not much light shines through. The crevice is covered in webs that form a funnel that fans out on this side of the stone. The cave ends here, in a knotted mess of skeletal remains, webs, and what you assume to be a few animals wrapped in silk, ready to eat.

Thankfully, there is no sign of life.
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:49 pm

Arlette is marking the way with her chalk in the hope they don't get lost.

"Spiders, again?" Arlette mumbles mostly to herself. She turns to Fenner just behind her, "Kull and I already battled an army of giant spiders, my bolts were true but I believe the fire we had was helpful, do you know any fire magics? I think we will need it."

Spot check
1d20+5

Listen check
1d20+6
Fenner Bates

Post by Fenner Bates » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:45 pm

Fenner thinks for but a moment. "I'm quite versed in the transition of materials and the states of materials from on to the other in theory. But so far unfortunately my abilities have topped out at being able to siphon heat off not to add it back." He concludes pleasently.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:12 am

Arlette you spot some glimmering in a little pile of bones. Looks like you've found a ring, gold, and thick, with some pink gems in it. You don't hear anything other than a slow drip of water from the crevice, that pools below before seemingly vanishing into a crack in the rock.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:37 am

There is a skittering sound and a few small stones fall from the crevices into the cave, bouncing around slightly before coming to a rest.
Fenner Bates

Post by Fenner Bates » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:29 pm

"Did you find anything?"
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:34 am

In an attempt to make out if anything is there Grigori looks to the crevice.

Spot check: 1d20-3
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:20 am

Kull tightens the grip around his axe and speaks in a low tone: I dont like this, it looks like a trap you know like something a spider does to attracct flys. I doesnt seem right to find something valuable without even having to bend a finger. He starts to tilit his head around looking for an incoming threat.
spot check (1d20+1) If he sees anything suspicious he will order the party to retreat and cover them alone or with Grigori.