Finding the Cult

The first of many adventures to come
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by NeomerArcana » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:27 am

Despite the noise, the party stands near the entrance yet fails to hear any sounds of alarm, or even any sounds that anyone is present in the cave.

Later tonight or tomorrow I will begin the entry into the cave. Kull, Grigori up ahead a little bit, followed by the rest of you, with Arlette in the front of the second group and Fenner in the back. I'll assume everyone is trying to move silently.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:46 pm

As Kull and Grigori enter, they see light up ahead from a fire, flickering on the wall around the corner. No sound can be heard except the faint crack of a log burning. As they peer around the corner they see no movement, no sign of life. Nothing execept a large cavernous opening with the fire burning in the centre. To the north-east is a dark tunnel laced with spider webs. To the south east is another dark tunnel, very faintly, you can hear chanting coming from the southern tunnel.
Attachments
Cult Cave.PNG
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:47 am

Huh this is wierd no guards at all i though they would be a bit more carfull. Also they didnt really explore the cave just look at the webs. Girgorgi do you know if we could try to smoke those rats out ? Or any other plans ?
Kull then keeps looking for anything suspicous (spot check1d20+1)
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:25 am

Kull, against one of the natural stone walls you find some bedding rolled up and a couple pots and pans. Looks like some people have been sleeping here.
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:30 pm

Arlette addresses Fenner and Fera in a low voice "We can't be too far behind them, we don't want to get cut off from each other. We should try and make sure we are not encircled either, let's keep watch behind us as we follow.I'm also going to make arrow markings on the walls low and hopefully not easily in sight of others so we can find our way out in a hurry."

Listen check
1d20+6
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:55 pm

In a low voice, Grigori addresses Kull,"You have a look around and I'll watch the corridor here," he then moves to (07,08) facing SE with his shield and axe readied.

Listen check
1d20-3

DM are there any additional rolls you require from this course?
Kull

Post by Kull » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:44 am

Kull turns around and responds also quite silently: there is nothing we will have to go further. i think we should take the one without the nets. Not sure why they didnt even bother exploring the cave.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:27 am

Kull and Grigori, as you're in the lead, you'll need to make Move Silently Checks now, one check each as you're proceeding down the South-East corridor.
Kull

Post by Kull » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:41 am

Kull tries to move silent and close to the wall to not be noticed(move silent check1d20+1
Fenner Bates
Class: 1st-lvl Transmuter

Post by Fenner Bates » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:53 am

Fenner tries to keep up with the group moving as silently as he can. The group can see he is becoming visibly winded but not complaining. His cane still makes soft clicks against the stone as they walk despite his efforts.

Listen check to make sure that we aren't snuck up on like Arlette suggests.
1d20+3