Re: Finding the Cult

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:24 pm

"I'll take second watch. Just give me a good kick when yer time is up."
Fenner Bates
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Transmuter

Post by Fenner Bates » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:27 am

"Isn't the ritual we expect them to perform happening tonight? We are going to wait and let them complete it?"
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:37 pm

"I dont know. I thought you guys know. If your right mage we will have to attack them really soon. If the perform it we might be able to suprise them since they are busy. what do you guys think ?"
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:23 am

Friendly DM reminder, the ritual is tonight. If you wait, there's a strong chance that they complete it before you go in. That might be a problem, it might not, I cannot say any more than that.
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:55 am

"Fenner is right, we have no choice, we must go in now"
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:25 pm

Okay guys, so here's the next steps:
  • What order are you going to approach the cave (there's some open ground to cover)?
  • Will you approach together or separately?
  • In either case, I assume you guys are trying to sneak, in which case give me a Move Silently Check each
  • You can also give me a Listen check for once you get to the cave opening
After that, I presume you're all going to go ahead into the cave. It's wide-enough for you to fit two abreast, so please give me the marching order as well as any other actions, activities you might want to do. (think about light sources, potential traps, lookouts etc).
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:47 pm

Kull will look out for sentries (spot check 1d20+1) he will also try to sneak as close as his skills will allow him without being detected (move silent check 1d20+2 (not sure if a hide check is needed)) since kull is a orc he has dark vison (at least i think) and he will alos try to notice any possible noise strings or traps (is another spot check needed ?)
If there are any sentries he will try to overwhelm them preferd with the help of others. if there are other plans he is willing to listn
Fenner Bates
Class: 1st-lvl Transmuter

Post by Fenner Bates » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:18 am

Fenner tries to follow in the group's foot steps taking up the rear! He leans heavily on his cane as he moves as the long day of walking has started to get to him.

Move Silently
1d20-3

Listen At Cave Entrance
1d20+3
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:20 am

Grigori proceeds carefully to the cave entrance with the others, hoping his scales don't make a sound.

Move silently
1d20-2

Listen at cave entrance
1d20-3
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:26 am

If there is still light as they approach the cave arlette will move closely with kull

Upon reaching the cave she will hang back with Fenner and Fera and will bring her light so they will be able to see in the cave. She will wait for Kull and Grigori to beckon them to follow or join if they are attacked but doesn't want to give away their position by bringing her light too close to them yet. She will also bring her chalk to mark the way out, plus her weapons of course.

Move silently check
1d20+6

Listen check
1d20+6

DM the extra roll that's included was performed between the move silently and listen checks but I thought I'd put the letter i instead of a 1 which is why I didn't include it but feel free to replace my listen check with that one seeing as it seemed to have worked.