The first of many adventures to come
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: Finding the Cult

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:54 pm

Hopefully Fenner gets a better result.

I didn't have time for a map tonight, but hopefully will tomorrow.

There's not much else to find here now. So tomorrow we will proceed on your expedition to try and find the odd-looking outcropping in the mountains, where you will hopefully locate the cult and stop their ritual.
Fenner Bates
Class: 1st-lvl Transmuter

Post by Fenner Bates » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:09 am

Knowledge (Arcana)
1d20+8
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:15 am

Fenner, you recognise the pendant as a symbol of Hextor. It is using subtle imagery, but you're confident it is related to Hextor.

The group gets what rest it can and sets out in the morning to the north east. At around midday you arrive at what you believe to be the rocky outcropping you were searching for (with Grigori's help). It takes almost no time at all to find a series of paths that converge and lead to a cave opening. The group is situated some 200 feet away, up high on an outcropping, looking down. You've been watching for about ten minutes now, there's no movement and nothing out of the ordinary. There's approximately 3 hours of daylight left.
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:21 am

"Well, we're here at last. How do we want to do this? I don't think we should go knocking down the door like I used to in some raids."
Fenner Bates
Class: 1st-lvl Transmuter

Post by Fenner Bates » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:47 pm

Fenner looks up like Grigori's words were about to jostle him from an important train of thought before his wrinkled face warps into a remembering smile. "Hextor. That's who that pendant relates to... Knock? No, No. I'll follow behind you lot. I'm to old for subterfuge."
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:13 am

"I could sneak up for a closer look, see if I can size up what's going on there? I fear we are against something far more powerful than us so we can't approach this head on if we are to survive." She looks across the faces of her companions and her expression saddens, she's sure someone will be lost to this great evil, perhaps even her. "I just didn't want to marry him" she says quietly to Brown Dog, faithfully leaning against her leg.
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:08 am

Kull looks at Grigori and noods in a silent agreement.
Rushing at an untrained and unprepared foe from an ambush often resulted in a quick surrender of the enemies. This of course only worked when the attackers are intimidating and of course not only one half orc,a drawf, a young rouge and an wizard. Of course if one was charasmatic enough they could convince the actual lagrer force is still waiting to strike, but kull even had trouble buying normal goods and this idea seamed more like a bards tale then reality.
Kull goes on to say: I am not a good sneaker but if i take my armor off i might be able to help spy at them.
Grigori if we know their numbers we could consider ambushing them at dawn we the sun goes down and they will start to got to sleep. If we are lucky they are already out of their armors and are tired from a long day.
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:40 am

"Hmmm... You may be onto something Kull, though if we proceed with that plan it might be best to get a spot of rest then strike before first light. Our advantage won't last long though, so we'd need to take out as many as we can before they rally."
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:24 pm

Okay guys, what's the plan? Arlette, as the official party leader, what say you?
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:45 pm

"Grigory is right, we should rest then tomorrow morn early we begin. We need a watch for the night, Brown Dog and I will take first."