The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

The first of many adventures to come
Hilda Hearthstone
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Cleric

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by Hilda Hearthstone » Tue May 21, 2019 7:02 pm

"Watch your tone there, Kull," says Hilda. "We're each doing our part, and besides, I've held my own against dwarves bigger than you."
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Tue May 21, 2019 7:12 pm

"Yeah!" says Arlette, agreeing with Hilda, "you better watch it, friend, or I won't organise more wrestling matches for you" she jests, playfully punching Kull in the arm, even with all her strength, she thinks, he still probably wouldn't feel it.
Elec
Race: Half-Elf
Class: 1st-lvl Ranger

Post by Elec » Tue May 21, 2019 8:29 pm

"You won me one time and you think you're better than everyone else" Elec grumbles as he steps off the wagon. He gives a close inspection of the logs to see if they felled naturally or are they purposely placed there.

Spot check
1d20+4

Then he will begin to help Kull to move the logs

Strength check
1d20+2
Hragg
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric of Clangeddin

Post by Hragg » Wed May 22, 2019 1:47 am

Hragg shrugs as Hilda asks for precautions upon entering Lavender. "Always be cautious. But, I think we can assume we will be attacked as someone wishes to have these corpses for whatever reason. Is there some reason we don't simply burn them and end the risk? Otherwise, I propose we do not take the corpses to Lavender. We either walk around the town with a wide berth, or we leave the dead somewhere and go into town expecting trouble. If we fall, at least our assailants will not get their prizes..."

With the logs blocking the road, Hragg is instantly cautious.

Spot cHeck [1d20+2]
Listen cHeck [1d20+2]

Hragg eyes the terrain. "A perfect spot for an ambush. Maybe Kull and I can sweep both sides of the road while the rest of you guard the wagon? Going into the firing lane with the wagon would be folly."
Hragg

Post by Hragg » Wed May 22, 2019 1:54 am

Hragg responds to Arlette's claim of innocence. "I've seen you attempt to rob your own kind, woman. I do not think you are above robbing me. The warning stands."
Arlette Craven

Post by Arlette Craven » Wed May 22, 2019 6:50 am

"If you cannot trust me, Hragg, I will ask you to leave this party. I will give you half of the gold I carry and you can leave, no more personal risk with the bodies and no more travelling with someone you clearly despise. The only way this party moves forward is with cooperation and trust. If you cannot do that, leave." Arlette's tone is stern, the weight of their task is not a light one and she will not have dissent amongst the group.

She turns to the others "same goes to all of you, if you cannot continue in a cooperative manner, in a trusting manner, leave. We must know we can count on each other in a time of need," she turns back to Hragg, "I helped get you out of that dungeon close to death after the statues attacked, perhaps I am more noble than you as right now it appears you would not do the same for me, in fact you would kill me. Make your choice."
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Wed May 22, 2019 7:17 am

Hragg, just a point of clarity: you're not transporting corpses. They are alive, but under a magical sleep. A Lawful Neutral character who has accepted a job like this wouldn't be quick to abandon it either, and would most certainly not kill the sleeping people for a matter of convienience. I also don't believe a Lawful Neutral character would lie about having witnessed a teammate steal from people in the party.
Hragg

Post by Hragg » Wed May 22, 2019 7:20 am

Hragg sputters. "And just who decided you get to choose who's part of this group? Clangeddin help us! If you are innocent, as you claim, you should feel confident that you are as safe as a baby in my presence..."

The dwarf mumbles some imprecations under his breath. "And, I did not threaten to kill you! I threatened to have you arrested if I caught you stealing from me! What sort of monster do you take me for? We dwarves do not kill people for thievery. We're not barbarians."

He harrumphs a bit more, though he seems to be losing steam. "I... maybe I over-reacted a little." He turns his eyes to the ground. "If I did, well, apologies. You're right. we need to trust one another. And, you did save me. I've not forgotten."

Hragg turns away. "Are we ever leaving?" He calls loudly to the group. "You humans are short-lived so let's get a move-on!"
Hragg

Post by Hragg » Wed May 22, 2019 7:23 am

NeomerArcana wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:17 am
Hragg, just a point of clarity: you're not transporting corpses. They are alive, but under a magical sleep. A Lawful Neutral character who has accepted a job like this wouldn't be quick to abandon it either, and would most certainly not kill the sleeping people for a matter of convienience. I also don't believe a Lawful Neutral character would lie about having witnessed a teammate steal from people in the party.
My bad. I thought they were corpses. Hragg would not suggest killing them. He didn't claim to have seen her steal anything. Hragg assumed that it was her because she was accused of thievery at the inn leading to the wrestling match. Hragg is mistaken, but the conclusion isn't illogical.
Arlette Craven

Post by Arlette Craven » Wed May 22, 2019 7:36 am

Arlette approaches Hragg, hand outstretched to shake his. "I promise you, my friend, I would never do anything to hurt this party. You're right, let's go, get these weights from around our necks so we can move on to brighter fields." She motions to the others that they are ready to leave.