The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

The first of many adventures to come
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: The morning at The Sleeping Gnome

Post by NeomerArcana » Mon May 20, 2019 3:11 pm

Arlette you're given some pointers, but it's all fairly straight forward. The dog is a female.

You haven't lost any money or gear with that Spot check.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Mon May 20, 2019 4:34 pm

I'll assume then that the party will stay another day as you've all spent the morning roaming around and making purchases etc.

In the morning the party wakes early, gets the horses and wagon ready, and begins the journey onward to Lavender. According to your map, you should be able to make it to Westend by nightfall. It's a tiny place, but as all thorpes and hamlets on the map, you assume it will have an Inn considering it's on the trails.

The morning air clears as you make your way back down the road. Before long the stench and sound of Threerun is behind you, there is nothing except the birdsong and wind. Before lunch you pass by the intersection and continue foward, toward Westend. Despite the rumours of trouble, and the trouble you yourselves have come across, you arrive at Westend before nightfall, having made good time, without any occurences.

All; you are now in the Thorpe of Westend. The Inn here is named The Golden Boot. I'll wait for a little while to see if there's anything any of you want to do in town, before proceeding on to Lavender.

Westend.PNG
Westend.PNG (4.39 MiB) Viewed 13730 times
Hragg
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric of Clangeddin

Post by Hragg » Tue May 21, 2019 4:56 am

Hragg triple checks his pouch and backpack, and the bed he slept in. What the....

He looks for Arlette. "Girl, mark me, if I ever find out you are stealing from any of us, I'll ensure you spend the rest off your misbegotten life in a deep, dark pit."

The dwarf walks away, mentally inventorying his possessions and trying to think of ways to redistribute where his coinage is just in case.

"Hilda, double check your money. Our little kleptomaniac seems to have lifted my purse."
Hilda Hearthstone
Class: 1st-lvl Cleric

Post by Hilda Hearthstone » Tue May 21, 2019 8:36 am

Hilda speaks to Hragg. "No Hragg, I lost all of mine in the market, some little pick-pocket."

Hilda is eager to proceed, to get rid of these bodies. She checks them regularly as they travel, mulling over what the symbols of Hextor could mean. Who was Landowe? What was he doing? Are they performing Landowes deeds for him? She thinks back: Landowe wanted us to come to Lavender, and here we are, a days travel from Lavender. Considering we need to go to Kalindar, should we go around Lavender? She looks over the map and is dismayed to see that the only way to proceed is through Lavender.

"She we take extra precautions when we enter Lavender?" she asks Hragg, considering him to be the most militiristic of the group, knowing full well the training and drills that a dwarf like Hragg must have undergone. "I still remember my tactical training, and following the enemies wishes was terribly frowned upon."
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue May 21, 2019 9:18 am

Everyone continue you conversations if you like and we can consider them having past prior to this next bit.

About halfway through the day, while passing through farmland, the party sees a few logs across the road in front. To the left is a wooden fence, grown over with vines and bushes. There are small rises to the left and right, either side of the road. The farm to the left has a couple of hay piles against the fence, looks like a cattle farm, though you can't see any on this side of the hill. Along either side of the road are a few bushes and trees.

The wagon won't be able to go around the logs on the road, the ground here between the two hills is too soft, you will most certainly be bogged. The only way forward is to move the trees. What does everyone do?
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Tue May 21, 2019 3:26 pm

"Hragg, my dwarven friend, there is nothing you carry that is worth my eye, you were probably skinned by some young flit in the markets. Maybe next time you'll keep your wits about you."

Arlette's dog growls at Hragg, "come, brown dog, let's have a look around this small town before we take to bed, don't waste your energy here." She looks down at her new companion, "I should probably get you a better name."

Gather Information check
1d20+6
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Tue May 21, 2019 3:31 pm

Arlette sees the logs ahead, immediately suspicious she grabs her crossbow and looks to their rear "Friends, I fear we aren't alone here, we must move the logs but I don't think we are the only eyes upon this scene. Either that, or they do not wish for us to travel any further..."

She looks around, "Kull, you ready to wrestle?" she asks, with a smirk. She looks to Elec "Do you notice anything? Hilda, are you able to help move the logs?"

She looks to Hragg "I'm not sure you're in the business of helping a thief, but seems we'll have to band together if we are to make it past this part."

Listen check
1d20+6

Spot check
1d20+5

She approaches the logs to search them for clues, to see if they've been dragged, footprints or such

Search check
1d20+6
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue May 21, 2019 6:11 pm

Arlette your gather information in Westend doesn't reveal much you don't already know. Rumour of trouble on the roads, bandits and worse; all because the King of Kalindar has removed his patrols from the trails. The kings actions were in response to The Merchants Guild's actions, though no one seems to know what The Merchants Guild has done that has warranted such a response.

I need everyone elses actions at the logs over the road before we can proceed.
Hilda Hearthstone
Class: 1st-lvl Cleric

Post by Hilda Hearthstone » Tue May 21, 2019 6:13 pm

Hilda will dismount from the wagon and walk with Arlette toward the logs. "We might need to unhitch the horses from the wagon and use them to pull some of these logs away..."

She constantly scans the surrounds as they walk.

Listen: 1d20+3

Spot: 1d20+3
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Tue May 21, 2019 6:56 pm

Kull stops for a few seconds and looks for possible threats 1d20+1 if he does not see anything he will walk over to the logs and trys to move them.1d20+5 while he does that he says : why do i have to move the stuff all the time cant you guys just grow some muscle. Anyway keep me coverd while i get to work.