On the trail to Threerun

The first of many adventures to come
Arlette Craven
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: On the trail to Threerun

Post by Arlette Craven » Wed May 15, 2019 11:20 am

"Tell me, do you fancy a wager?"

Arlette looks to Kull, her eyebrows rise as if she is about to ask his permission, hoping he's up for a little fun. If he isn't up for it, Hragg may like the chance to put some humans in their place.

"Seeing as wrestling is the theme of the night, how about your best man against one of mine? Loser buys the ales for the night"
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Wed May 15, 2019 11:44 am

"Hah!" he laughs mockingly. "That is hardly recompense for your attempt to rob me, little thief! How about this, your best man versus my best man. You're buying ales for the night, regardless of who wins."
Arlette Craven

Post by Arlette Craven » Wed May 15, 2019 3:28 pm

"My friend, do you want some real sport or child's play?" Arlette scoffs, "those that wrestle must have something to wrestle for! Win or lose, I'll cover our asked ales, but" she leans in closer to stress the excitement and clandestine nature of this offer, "if my man wins, you owe me a favor, if yours wins then perhaps there is a rival you need relieved of a certain item? I will owe you this favor."
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Wed May 15, 2019 4:35 pm

"Hm," thinks the man. "Yet you haven't proved your worth as a thief have you? You couldn't even cut a purse string! But very well, I accept your offer. Shall we make the deal 100 gold pieces? Or is that too rich for you?"
Arlette Craven

Post by Arlette Craven » Wed May 15, 2019 7:57 pm

"do you not realise my failed attempts may have been simply to get your attention? We've been brought together for a reason it seems. The anonymity, the distance between us, if I do a favour for you the distance protects you - a valuable asset," Arlette winks at the gentleman, "we don't even know each others names."

"and no my friend, we don't need more money in this - you win, I owe you, I win, you owe me."
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Wed May 15, 2019 8:04 pm

"Okay," he says simply. He says something into the ear of one of his fellows who nods. "Shall we move over to the ring then, which of your... friends... will be competing against my man here?" He calls over a barmaid to bring them a fresh round of drinks while his man starts removing his shirt.
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Thu May 16, 2019 12:50 am

Kull notices what has happend. Understanding whats going on he starts to remove his shirt as well and grins at the man and says : do you really think you can take me on puny human, better make this fight worth my time. He readys himself to storm at his oponent as soon the match starts.
Hragg
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric of Clangeddin

Post by Hragg » Thu May 16, 2019 5:46 am

Hragg is aghast that his companion tried to rob this man. He knew Arlette to be flighty, but a common thief? That the man had graciously allowed a trial by combat only spoke to the good character of this man.

Hragg quickly checks his own pouches, equipment, and weapons to ensure nothing was stolen. "Kull, you are not required to fight this man." the dwarf says. He didn't know if Kull knew that fact or not. Then again, Kull's primary response was to attack, so who could tell? "However, either way I shall have put our ales on Arlette's tab for the remainder of the evening."

So saying, he orders four ales and tells the barkeep that Arlette is paying for them. Thinking perhaps Kull will soon finish with the fight, he orders four for the half-orc, as well.
Arlette Craven

Post by Arlette Craven » Thu May 16, 2019 7:11 am

"Relax Hragg, it's a bit of fun between new friends. Drink up, enjoy yourself!"

Arlette looks to Kull and sees that he is ready, she then turns to her new friend "My friend, it seems our men are ready."
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Thu May 16, 2019 2:50 pm

Okay Kull, here is your initiative vs the initiative of the man.
Kull: 1d20+2

Compeditor: 1d20