On the trail to Threerun

The first of many adventures to come
Hilda Hearthstone
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Cleric

Re: On the trail to Threerun

Post by Hilda Hearthstone » Mon May 13, 2019 1:28 pm

I'll leave the decision to Arlette, but I think it's a good idea if we hang back a day, heal up, and then reach the intersection here.

For what it's worth, I think we should go to Threerun first. I think something very odd is going on around here and considering Landowe always planned to go to Threerun, I think we should too, to get to the bottom of it. I don't think we are pressed for time, the priest before didn't say anything about hurrying.

Hilda is happy to eat the food offerred and to talk to the cook to see of she can learn anything.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Mon May 13, 2019 1:33 pm

Hilda the cook at the Inn was an ordinary human commoner woman who works here every couple days, stocking up the stew in a couldron over the fire. It tastes good, but is essentially a zero effort dish that E'ag stirs occassionally and heats up when needed.
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Mon May 13, 2019 2:46 pm

"Hilda is right, we should stay, we'll recover before we head on, after what we've seen we should probably be at our best, that tomb cut us a little close" her voice trails off as she winces in pain from the statues mighty blow. "Plus I'm sure our gracious hosts would be pleased with the extra coin."

Upon reaching the intersection on their day of travel, Arlette suggests Threerun as the way to go, "I don't fancy camping a night on these roads, better a bed and breakfast my friends. As Hilda says, we are in no rush"
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Mon May 13, 2019 7:46 pm

The party takes the right-hand path and continues on to Threerun. The woodsmoke and smells of a large town assault the group long before they set their eyes on it's sprawling mass. The large town spans both sides of the river, bordered by a wooden pallisade, with guard towers dotted on the wall with seemingly random positions. The gates are small stone archways that everyone needs to pass under careful watch of the town guard. The river has widened here in the lower lands, so much so that the wall doesn't span the water, instead boats can be seen sailing up and down stream unobstructed. In the centre of the town are two small islands in the river which are spanned by high stone bridges which the main roads cross. There are hundreds, possibly thousands of people moving about in the town.

Your wagon passes a few simple buildings and then comes to a halt at the gate, the road is now paved. A bored looking guard waves you through, it appears that they're not checking anyone. You all notice that there are a lot of people entering town right now, not many leaving at all. Immediately to the right is a tavern, The Sleeping Gnome, brightly lit in the waning hours of the day. There are people moving around everywhere, hurriedly passing you on the road.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue May 14, 2019 7:53 am

Okay everyone. You can either visit the tavern and we'll move on to morning, or if there's anything you want to do tonight, let me know
Elec
Race: Half-Elf
Class: 1st-lvl Ranger

Post by Elec » Tue May 14, 2019 3:03 pm

Elec immediately heads into the tavern once the cart stopped. Large bustling towns have always made him slightly uneasy. Too many people. Once inside he would pay for a drink and wait for his companions.
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Tue May 14, 2019 7:29 pm

Kull has no business in this town so he decideds to spend his evening in the tavern sticking to himself and his companions since most people tend to avoid him. This in fact dont stop him from getting fairly hammerd.
Constitution save 1d20+3
Hragg
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric of Clangeddin

Post by Hragg » Tue May 14, 2019 11:45 pm

Hragg is uncomfortable among so many people, having been raised in a clan of only a few hundred dwarves. He follows Kull. The dwarf's eyes are a bit frantic looking as he sees so many humans, like ants, swarming over the town. Though Kull isn't a dwarf, at least he isn't a human; perhaps he feels a bit the same about the masses of people here.

Ale would make this better. Hragg thinks. He orders ale and stew and tries to find a place to sit with Kull.
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Wed May 15, 2019 6:23 am

Kull is not to found to drink with a dwraf but then again humans were no better company. Kull is happy to have some one to drink with.
while getting hammerd Kull proposes in a somewhat mocking tone: Do you dare to do a contest of strength Dwraf ? Or are you a cicken like the halflings. For him it was just a harmless try to figure out where he and the dwraf where standing. normally he would prove himself in a fist fight but years in the human world taught him that most dont approve of a good brawl.
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Wed May 15, 2019 7:21 am

"I might take you up on that arm wrestle Kull, maybe I'll surprise you. But first I'm going to take a look around."

Unlike her companions, Arlette loves the cities, in fact she thrives in them. All the people, all the hustle and bustle, all the distraction, anonymity, and unseeing eyes. She can flit about like a shadow, relieving those burdened with an abundance of wealth. Plus, people love to gossip, she can usually learn everything she must know to stay safe by striking up a harmless conversation with a stranger; her gender, slight build, and disarming smile often bring many to divulge more than they had intended.

DM Arlette will do a gather information check to find out why everyone is rushing into the city. She will also scan the tavern for anyone looking to be a good target to practice her pickpocket skills whilst she gathers information there, like where did that gnome merchant friend of Kulls get to. She prefers to practice on the street where she can disappear easily, but she also figures she is there with 2 dwarves, a half-elf, and a half-orc, and she knows that Kull likes a scuffle.

Let me know if there are other rolls I need. She won't pickpocket until she knows the scene.

Gather information check
1d20+6