On the trail to Threerun

The first of many adventures to come
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: On the trail to Threerun

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri May 03, 2019 8:41 pm

Elec runs forward and readies his throwing axe, brandishing it at the goblin approaching Arlette. The creature halts, crouches lower and raises it's shield. While it does so it turns behind and yells out to the other goblins still dodging blows from the creature made of stone and dirt. They all, as a well practised unit, fall away from the flailing stone arms and back toward the south, shields raised to protect them from both the rocks and to protect them from the party of adventurers approaching them.

map-outside-barrow.PNG
map-outside-barrow.PNG (18.58 MiB) Viewed 12793 times

What's the parties next move?

FYI Elec, if you had another throwing axe before, we can probably assume you retrieved it.
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Fri May 03, 2019 10:04 pm

Kull closes up elec and arlette ( to 7.9and shows him self openly to the goblins: He starts to shout something in orc tounge at them that them. He also readys himself to jump in front of elec and arlette
Hragg
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric of Clangeddin

Post by Hragg » Fri May 03, 2019 11:01 pm

Hragg gets closer to the fray, moving to 06-14 and using the rocks for cover. He watches Arlette and Elec for instructions. "Kull, can I cast a spell on you to make you larger for battle?" He calls to the half-orc...
Kull

Post by Kull » Sat May 04, 2019 12:01 am

Kull looks at hragg not sure what he means but being lager sounds interesting no the less so he gives out a grunt that can be interpreted as a yes
Hragg
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric of Clangeddin

Post by Hragg » Sat May 04, 2019 3:01 am

Hragg casts enlarge person on Kull.
Hilda Hearthstone
Class: 1st-lvl Cleric

Post by Hilda Hearthstone » Sat May 04, 2019 7:39 am

DM, did Hragg and I see the cowering, shielding, and talking amongst themselves?
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat May 04, 2019 8:11 am

Hilda yourself and Hragg have arrived after the goblins begin their retreat.

Kull calls down to the goblins in orcish, but they give no sign that they understand. Hragg's spell takes affect and Kull doubles in size. The goblins now continue their retreat, working up the hill directly away from the group, in a slight panic. They chitter anxiously in their own language, turn and begin to run.

Below you in the gully you see no sign of that vaguely humanoid pile of rocks, dirt and stone. You do see that where the rocks were fighting is a heavily worn wooden door affixed into a recess of the stone. To the left and right of the door, carved from the stone itself, is a statue depicting a warrior dwarf, waraxe and shield in hand.

Kull you are now Large (instead of your usual Medium size), you occupy a 10ft square (like the large spider) and you have a reach of 10ft (so you can attack two squares over for example). The spell lasts for a minute, so we'll say you've got about 30 seconds of Enlarge remaining.
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Sat May 04, 2019 8:22 am

"Great Jokers Mask! How did you do that Hragg?!" Arlette is shocked at the sight of Kull and his new size. She had heard of such magic but thought, as with the goblins, that it was mostly fairy tales.I wonder the size of eggs a goose would lay if I could use that spell on it? she thought to herself.

Unsure of the fighting rocks and seeing that it may be something important to the dwarves, Arlette motions that she will return to the wagon to allow Hilda to join Hragg and inspect the area first. She looks to Elec "they may come back, will you help me?"
Elec
Race: Half-Elf
Class: 1st-lvl Ranger

Post by Elec » Sat May 04, 2019 11:47 am

"Sure, lets go" Elec picks up his crossbow and begin to walk back to the wagon with Arlette, leaving the dwarves to themselves.
Kull

Post by Kull » Sun May 05, 2019 1:07 am

Kull is confused about his new size. he wawes around his hands and says : i must be the size of a giant at least i think they are this tall. he speaks with gell like a child which has got a new toy. he turns to hragg and asks what is this ? How did you do that can you teach me ? he is so suprised he ignores the threat of the sontes and goblins for the moment.