On the trail to Threerun

The first of many adventures to come
Arlette Craven
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: On the trail to Threerun

Post by Arlette Craven » Fri May 10, 2019 9:18 pm

Arlette looks around the room and sees the magic of Hilda's healing hands. She will then search the room.

"Kull, help me push the top off this sarcophagus."

DM I will take 20+6 on my search check to search the entire room.
Hragg
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric of Clangeddin

Post by Hragg » Sat May 11, 2019 1:29 am

Hargg ignores Kull for a moment, sacrificing his two remaining spells for curing magic and casting cure light wounds on Elec and himself, and a cure minor wounds on Kull.
cure LigHt wounds ELec [1d8+1]
Cure LigHt wounds Hragg [1d8+1]

The dwarf looks at the dwarven waraxe. "It's magical, I think... I cannot pay you for it."

Hragg will take a moment to look through the remains of the magical statues. And finally check out the stone slab the axe was sitting on.

perception [1d20+2]
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Sat May 11, 2019 2:56 am

Kull looks at arlettes and says: to weak to do it on your own?
Fine ill help then moves grunting to the sarcophagus and starts to push1d20+5
Arlette Craven

Post by Arlette Craven » Sat May 11, 2019 8:41 am

"No," Arlette responds to Kull sharply, "but if something jumps out of here I figure you owe me seeing as I killed that statue trying to kill you. Plus there might be something cool in here, I want to see."
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat May 11, 2019 8:50 am

Hragg remember which edition we're playing, there's no perception checks. In any case there are a lot of engravings on the walls, sarcophagus and at the base of where the statues stood. They tell of the great and many deeds of the mighty dwarven stalwark warrior who rests here, Norgrim of Azfik. The stories the runes tell are of adventures and tall tales, you're not sure if you can believe them. In one he rode a dragon mount in a lance bearing competition among human knights. In another he taught the elves how to use bow and arrow. Yet in an even more outlandish tale it appears he was the one who taught the gnomes how to hide their homes in plain sight. These two statues are representative of two of his travelling companions, who feature in many of the stories, their names are not mentioned.

Arlette and Kull, as you remove the stone top from the sarcophagus, a dusty smell rises. Inside is a dwarf skeleton, wearing the decaying remains of what seems to have once been some ornate clothing. There is no sign of movement or life, it is very much dead. You search around in there but there is nothing to find.

Arlette you continue your search around the room and happen across a stone unlike the others. By pushing it in you reveal the latch that opens a secret door in the back corner, operated by weights. Inside there are three treasure chests, oak and banded in iron, each with a sturdy looking iron lock.
Arlette Craven

Post by Arlette Craven » Sat May 11, 2019 11:20 am

Arlette suspicious of the chests and this being the tomb of a dwarven warrior, she will search the chests for traps before attempting to unlock them.

DM I will take 20 for the search

Lock attempt chest 1
1d20+6

Lock attempt chest 2
1d20+6

Lock attempt chest 3
1d20+6
Elec
Race: Half-Elf
Class: 1st-lvl Ranger

Post by Elec » Sat May 11, 2019 11:37 am

Elec, who had been sitting on the stairs to rest from his injuries while the others search notices a new opening in the back of the room. Curious, he begin to walk towards it. "What did you find?" he asks Arlette, as he sees her in the process of unlocking some chests.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat May 11, 2019 2:45 pm

Arlette, you easily open all three chests. You find inside the chests, a small pile of gold, a literal fortune for most common people. 160 gold pieces. You also find a book written in dwarven runes. Hragg and Hilda take a look and discover that it's the journal of the dwarf entombed here, it could be worth something to the right person, perhaps a dwarven scholar.

(FYI everyone add an additional 120xp to your character sheets)
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat May 11, 2019 7:52 pm

Okay guys, I'll assume that the party is leaving the tomb and going back outside to the gnome, her guards and your wagon. Outside the gnome requests her agreed 20 percent of what was found.

Unless anyone wants to try to bluff her, I will assume that Arlette hands over 32 gold pieces of the 160 she has.

She and her guards head off while the party discusses their next move, I will assume that you eventually proceed south, the same way the gnome went, toward Threerun, your original destination.

The night comes on fast here, the river is to the parties right while the thick Farrowood Forest is to the left. The road is dirt but well maintained, at least it is dry. It seems like the time spent in the barrow has cost you some daylight hours. The group nevertheless reaches a tiny little village that you see in the distance. Bordering what must be the village square is an old-looking, two story tavern. The faded sign hanging above the door reads "The Welcome Orc". There is a large stable next to the inn. There are a couple over buildings around the square, but they all look to be farmhouses.

"Welcome, to The Orc!" cries the innkeeper as you enter. He is a jovial half-orc, more man than orc, you guess a grandparent was orcish, but he has the ears and face that give him away, the large brow and wide chin. The Inn appears quiet, a couple of commoners sit around a table talking quietly, drinking ale.

"If you're looking for a bed tonight, you're in luck," he says. "The common room is empty, so you're all welcome to pick a bunk. Just..." he counts the heads entering the tavern. "Four pieces of gold and you've each a warm bed and a warm meal."

Okay guys, you're at a safe spot. Let me know what you want to do. It's night time now, not a whole lot you can do around town. There are a couple locals here that you can talk to, maybe swindle some coin from them in a game of dice. You could talk to the innkeeper, or just go to bed. Once everyone says they go to bed we'll continue with the morning (or I'll fast-forward if roleplay slows down). Feel free to ask any questions.
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Sat May 11, 2019 8:39 pm

Kull being suprised to see a half orc working in an inn. He has never seen anything like this. normally half orcs are doing heavy labour jobs or work as sellswords when they are found in human settelments. Kull is no the less happy to see one of his kin and trys to strike up a consveration with the half orc in ocrish asking him about the inn and about where he got his orcish heritage from. He will after that go stragith to sleep as the day was pretty exausting and stress full.
He also buys 4 rations.