On the trail to Threerun

The first of many adventures to come
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: On the trail to Threerun

Post by NeomerArcana » Wed May 08, 2019 8:13 pm

Kull inspects the axe while Elec studies the elven statue. As Elec does so he is surprised by the statue suddenly moving out a hand to grab him. With small cracking sounds, the dwarven statue near Kull also comes to life, tiny bits of masonry fly away from the joints as they shake out years of inactivity.

Combat order is Players followed by Statues!

barrow1.PNG
barrow1.PNG (4.37 MiB) Viewed 11303 times

The sarcophagus, is considered a low wall. It's doubtful the statues could climb it.
Hilda Hearthstone
Class: 1st-lvl Cleric

Post by Hilda Hearthstone » Wed May 08, 2019 8:18 pm

Hilda dashes forward, down the stairs and rushes up to the statue next to Kull (to stop on the square to the right of Kull), brandishing her shield at the statue to absorb any impacts from it's stone weapons.
Elec
Race: Half-Elf
Class: 1st-lvl Ranger

Post by Elec » Wed May 08, 2019 8:45 pm

"Aghhhh" Elec shouts in surprise as he pulls away from the elven statue. As he does so he draws his axe to hack at the statue before jumping on the sarcophagus at the square directly behind him

Attack check
1d20+3

Damage
1d6+2
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Wed May 08, 2019 8:53 pm

"How do you kill a stone elf, or a stone dwarf?!" Arlette yells at the others, "does someone have mace, a hammer, an axe I can use to help?" she looks around desperately, wanting to run but not wanting to leave her friends to battle the statues alone. Her crossbow and her dagger feel useless against these ancient magical stones.
She moves to the left and forward and fires her crossbow at the statue nearest Elec, expecting it to bounce harmlessly to the ground.

To hit
1d20+3

Damage
1d8+1

Helplessly, she grabs her dagger, "if they get me, I'll keep chipping at them until they are gravel" she mutters to herself.
Arlette Craven

Post by Arlette Craven » Wed May 08, 2019 8:59 pm

Confirm critical
1d20+3
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Wed May 08, 2019 9:01 pm

Initiative 1d20+2
Kull while is being confused it doesn't stop him to violently bash the axe he found at the dwraven stature since offence is the best defence. Attack hit chance 1d20+6 since I don't know the damage mod of thw axe i ask the dm to roll damage value for me
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Wed May 08, 2019 9:07 pm

Elec the sarcophagus is about three feet high, it'll take a Jump check to get up there. I'll roll it for you, DC is 10. If the result of this roll is 10 or greater, then you're safe up there, it it's less than 5 then you're prone on the ground, between 5 and and 9 and you just fail the jump and have made no movement.

1d20+2

Arlette your bolt lands in the left shoulder of the elven statue. A large crack sprouts like lightning from the point of impact, spreading across the shoulder and down the side of it's torso. All at once the stone crumbles away, causing the entire arm to fall down. The statue is still active, but only with a single arm now.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Wed May 08, 2019 9:09 pm

Elec you clear the jump with absolutely no problem, but in anticipation of the jump, your axe swing misses completely.

Kull you swing the new found axe but your unfamiliarity with the weapon causes you to miss, but only by an inch.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Wed May 08, 2019 9:23 pm

Hragg's turn technically occurs before the statues, but I don't think he can do anything this round except move into combat or cast a spell on himself. Hragg if you do something that affects combat, I'll update if necessary but it's unlikely to be needed. You can at this point take two turns, one for this round (I assume you would use to get into combat, and the second turn is the new round)

The two statues each attack. The one-armed statues takes a lumbering step forward and slashes down at Elec. The blade of stone lands on Elec's shoulder, pummelling him to the ground, inflicting a severe and very serious wound.

Elec you have lost 7hp. You are down to 1 hit point.

The dwarven statue swings it's axe at Kull. It's stony gaze appears determined to show the half-orc how to wield a dwarven weapon. The blade connects to Kull's side, bones shatter and muscle tears.

Kull you have lost 10hp. You are down to 3 hit points.
Arlette Craven

Post by Arlette Craven » Wed May 08, 2019 9:25 pm

Shocked at the effectiveness of her bolt Arlette fires her crossbow again, "Elec, Kull, get out of there!"

To hit
1d20+3

Damage
1d8+1