Outside the Three Dancers Inn

The first of many adventures to come
Arlette Craven
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: Outside the Three Dancers Inn

Post by Arlette Craven » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:55 pm

Arlette will go inside the building, "Hilda, Hragg, will one of you come with me?"

*Being Clerics, maybe one, or both would be interested in entering the building to see how Landowe is healed. If both want to go inside, Arlette will stay outside.

Sense motive on surrounding guards
1d20+7

Listen check on surrounding guards
1d20+6
Hilda Hearthstone
Class: 1st-lvl Cleric

Post by Hilda Hearthstone » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:08 pm

"Yes, I should stay with Landowe." says Hilda.
She follows Arlette in the building.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:25 pm

Arlette and Hilda enter the building behind a couple of men carrying Landowe in, along with Grant. Once inside they are taken to a side room, inside is a bed and a few simple wooden chairs scattered around an old wooden table. Against one of the stone walls in a cold fireplace, through which you can see into the next room.

Landowe is placed down on the bed.

"You'll wait here," says Grant with a smile. "Alder has already sent for the priest."

You can't help but notice that there are two armed guards situated outside the doorway as Grant leaves and closes the door behind him. He gives them a nod.

Back outside, Kull, Hragg and Elec are approached by Grant and Alder, who introduces himself as the town constable. He asks the three if they could disarm themselves and stand to the side while they search the wagon.
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:18 pm

Kull is not the brightest in the world but he knows that surrendering his weapons can have fatal results as seen last night. So he trys to persuade the guard that he is not a danger an rather keep his weapon speach check1d20-3
Elec
Race: Half-Elf
Class: 1st-lvl Ranger

Post by Elec » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:29 pm

"I have a bad feeling about this" Elec whispers to Krull standing next to him as Grant gave the request. He will do a sense motive on both Grant and Alder before proceeding.

Sense motive check
1d20+1
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:49 pm

"I think there has been a bit of trouble out this way for a while now, that would explain the danger on the roads and why there are so many guards around..." Arlette begins quietly, speaking to Hilda whilst looking over towards the guards, "I remember back in Barlow someone mentioned they hadn't seen any patrols from the Kalindar Kingdom for some time now. I'm going to see what else I can find out from our hosts"

Arlette approaches the guards, her hands obviously open and empty to ensure they do not perceive her as a threat.

"As you can see, we've had some trouble on the road here, and I've heard that many travellers have similarly had trouble. I noticed you have quite the show of men today, have you had some trouble lately? What's been going on?"
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:02 pm

Elec you believe these men are just following orders. Most seem vaguely disinterested and a couple don't even have their hands on their weapons.

Kull your attempt at convincing them to allow you to keep your equipment fails. The guards now look toward you three with suspicion. Those who weren't paying attention suddenly are, they are also grouping around you.

"If it's all the same," says Alder in a curt voice. "You WILL disarm yourselves and you WILL place your arms on the wall over there while we search your wagon."

Several of the militiamen draw steel.

Arlette one of the guards speaks to you through the now open door. "We've militia drills today, ma'am," he says. "As you say, all the trouble on the road has Alder worried, thought we'd best all keep up practice with our weapons on the regular like. Step back inside please, we're ordered to keep you in here until your wagon is searched."
Elec
Race: Half-Elf
Class: 1st-lvl Ranger

Post by Elec » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:27 pm

"Fine, fine. No need to get pushy" Elec says as he slowly puts down his crossbow and rapier by the wall. "See, we're just travellers" As he is doing this he turns to the other and quietly signals them to do the same. If the guards are distracted searching the cart Elec will slowly try to pick up his rapier without the guards noticing.
Last edited by Elec on Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:37 pm

Kull looks at the guard and curses them with a barrage of orcis swears but surrenders his weapons as asked. And steps back to the wall
Hragg
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric of Clangeddin

Post by Hragg » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:41 pm

Hragg has followed the group, keeping an eye on Landowe and keeping the man warm.

At the gate, Hragg urges Hilda to follow Landowe. He understands a town's desire for safety, and a well-armed party with a big half-orc isn't a party to inspire confidence. So, he waits with the others at the gate.
He turns to the nearest guard. "Tell me, friend, what news on the roads near here? We were set upon by spiders. Have there been other attacks?"