Outside the Three Dancers Inn

The first of many adventures to come
Hilda Hearthstone
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Cleric

Re: Outside the Three Dancers Inn

Post by Hilda Hearthstone » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:14 pm

"God damn spiders! *panicking tone* DON'T DIE! DON'T DIE! DON'T DIE!" Hilda yells as she runs to aide Landowe.
Hilda runs over to 5:10 (exactly where Electric was just standing), she channels the Divine and will empower a spontaneous cast of cure light wounds (DM: dropping prepared spell Nimbus of light). "As it is above, so shall it be below!" proclaimed Hilda.
Turning Check (-1CHA+3 FEAT)
1d20+2
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:27 pm

Kull is furios to be bitten again by some oversized bugs fortitude save 1d20+5 and storms to the giant spider and grappel her and tries to push the spider towards the river
Grappel check 1d20+5
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:31 pm

Kull is furios to be bitten again by some oversized bugs fortitude save 1d20+5 and storms to the giant spider and grappel her and tries to push the spider towards the river
Grappel check 1d20+5
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:17 am

Arlette steps next to Hilda (08:06) and shoots at the spider attacking Kull

To hit
1d20+3

damage
1d8+1
Hilda Hearthstone
Class: 1st-lvl Cleric

Post by Hilda Hearthstone » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:22 am

Hilda sees Arlette move by her.
"Arlette, if you're using me for cover to shoot that thing, we're going to have a conversation, woman!" Hilda says to Arlette in a half kidding tone.
Arlette Craven

Post by Arlette Craven » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:00 am

*Correction - Arlette moves to 05:05 so none of her party are between her and the spider she is aiming for.

"Don't worry Hilda, you'll know when I'm using you for cover, you'll feel me hiding behind your skirt!" Arlette retorts.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:04 am

Elec darts around Hragg and slashes at the spider biting Kull. The tip of his rapier leaves a cut on the back of the body segement.

Kull seems unaffected by the second bite of the spider as he runs forward and begin to push the incapacitated spider toward the water. He puts his shoulder into it and moves it as far as the waters edge, one side of the thing is dangling in the water.

Hilda rushes forward to Landowe's prone body and again summons a surge of divine energy. But the light falters and the spell she casts flickers with uncertainty.

Hilda's Cure Light Wounds:1d8-1

Arlette runs around the campfire and positions herself to fire a bolt at the last spider, she misses the shot.

Hragg steps toward the last spider and brings his waraxe down on top of it.

Hragg's attack roll:1d20+5
Hragg's damage roll:1d10+4
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:15 am

Hragg obliterates the remaining spider, it's mangled body a flattened mess.

Combat is over. Some notes, Kull we can safely assume that you can just push the big still-alive spider into the water at this point. Kull please make an additional two Fortitude Saves in your next post. If too much time passes until you're able to post, I will roll them for you.

Kull, I can see that you messed up the first post, so you were trying to fix it up, however, I can see which rolls appeared first, so I used the rolls for your second post, which you rolled first. Just FYI, don't worry about fixing up old posts.

Hilda, when you cast Cure LIght Wounds, make sure you roll as well. It's 1d8 + Caster Level (up to a max of +5). That Divine Spell Power feat that you have to spend a turn undead check is just to modify your caster level. Unfortunately, in this case the result of Divine Spell Power resulted in a -2 to your caster level.

Landowe is now conscious, his wounds have been magically sealed and mended. However he is still incapacitated, unable to move. His muscles are simply not working. "Damned spiders," he says. "Friend of mine went out the same way."

Hilda you note that the sites of the spider bite are unusual. Not what you would normally expect from a monstrous spider. As you're inspecting the wounds, Landowe loses consciousness once again, his heart rate is erratic.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:30 am

Recap
Just to make sure that there's no misunderstanding with what I've written:
  • Landowe was the only person bitten by that large spider
  • Landowe has 0 strength, an affect from the first spider bite, that's why he's unable to move
  • Hilda healed Landowe to above 0 hit points
  • Hilda has noticed that the spider bite is unusual
  • Landowe has fallen back to < 0 hit points and is dying
Arlette Craven

Post by Arlette Craven » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:53 am

"We need to stabilise him, everyone, we can't let him die, we can all help to heal him." Arlette calls to the group, motioning to gather around Landowe.

Hragg has the best heal check so I think he should do the heal for Landowe, but the other players can assist the his heal. Arlette will assist whoever heals Landowe.

Heal check to assist
1d20+3