1d20+1
Arlette Craven
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: Outside the Three Dancers Inn

Post by Arlette Craven » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:02 am

Sense motive check
1d20+7

Assuming Arlette notices Hilda listening, she turns to her dwarven comrade, "is this the wife?" she motions to the lady dwarf listening in, then turns to address her directly, "Mrs Dwarf, would you like to join us in the Inn?"

If Arlette doesn't notice, she continues to talk seemingly without drawing breath, informing the half-elf and dwarf of her trip across the Ganther Plains and how "it's not scary, everybody was so scared of it for no reason, so this trip is probably simple too"
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:32 am

Kull wakes up and scratches his head. he knew he had something important to do but the beer last night made it difficult to rember what. the it hit him like a mace to the head. he was suposed to meet landowe and he was running late he grabed the few things he owned and stormed out of the inn franctily looking around to spot any person which could fit to a trader.
search check1d20 +1
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:01 am

Kull, all you see is a dwarf, a human and a half-elf talking by the wall and another dwarf walking nearby. A few children are playing in the street and a couple of people walk along by. A large covered wagon is parked outside as well, with a two tough looking horses hitched nearby to pull it.
Kull

Post by Kull » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:30 am

Kull looks at them and since he is late they are his only possible lead to landowe he grudly goes over and asks the human : where is landowe
Arlette Craven

Post by Arlette Craven » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:49 pm

Arlette looks over at Kull, "ah, Orc-man, yes, you'll round our out merry band nicely - do you play an instrument? Never mind that, I am Arlette, presumptive leader of our collective. Join us, I believe Landowe is inside awaiting us."
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:09 pm

The doors of the Three Dancers burst open and Landowe bounds out, down the stairs, and effortlessly springs up onto the drivers seat of his wagon. He is a middle-aged man with greying hair, you would guess he was no more than 50 years old. He appears fit and strong, though there is some girth to him, as though the life of a well-off merchant agrees with him.

“Righto! Let's get a move on, the day is wasting!”

He motions to a couple boys who emerged from the inn after him to hook the horses up to the wagon. With practised ease they quickly connect everything up and Landowe is ready and starting the wagon moving. It appears as though Landowe fully expects everyone to follow him, he looks back with a "hurry-up" motion to the five of you. "There's room enough for one of you to sit next to me up here, and I suspect two of you could sit on the back step."

The wagon moves at a walking pace.

Alright everyone it looks like we're off! I'll assign random positions for everyone along the journey, assuming that everyone is sharing the seats and swapping in and out. It's three days travel from Barlowe to Avim, the first stop on the journey.

I'll leave it here for anyone to ask Landowe any questions they may have as you make your way out of the town and into the Barlowe Wood. Tomorrow at my lunchtime, like real time in Sydney (it's 9pm right now), we'll proceed.
Hilda Hearthstone
Class: 1st-lvl Cleric

Post by Hilda Hearthstone » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:10 am

With the sound of Landowe's loud introduction, Hilda knew this was the lot that was heading out. Before making any introductions, Hilda shrugged her shoulders, gave a slight bow, "Good morning!" she said to the group as she trotted up to the rear seat of the wagon to make herself comfy.
Kull

Post by Kull » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:03 am

Kull notices that there are not enough places to sit and someone will have to walk alongside. He procceds to walk next to the wagon not wanting to get in an
unnecessary argument with one of the draves or a rather unpleasant coservation with the trader or the others. not wanting to get coverd in the dust of the wagon he stays on the right side of the wagon whenever possible.
Arlette Craven

Post by Arlette Craven » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:32 am

Arlette energetically and gracefully leaps up to take the seat beside Landowe.
"Boss man! Tell me about yourself." She often begins with inane questions when seeking information, people seem to open up a bit more and tell her interesting details when they think she cares to hear their life story.

DM Arlette will continue to "chat" with Landowe and at the appropriate points in the conversation she would ask him what kind of a trader he is, what goods were his last load through, when did he last travel this road and if he had trouble, what kind was it. If he hasn't travelled the road, why not? Was it rumour that got him to hire us in that case. Also, does he carry any weaponry and what is in his wagon (if it is clearly empty this question need not apply but it sounds as if it must be loaded if the group can't sit in the back).

I can't think of any other questions my player would ask, but can I role a sense motive check on him? Having not met him I think my player would do such a thing, but it may not be necessary.

Sense Motive Check (if applicable)
1d20+7